MEET THE CHAIRMAN.

There is a “Meet the Chairman” Question & Answer evening at the Social Club

on THURSDAY, 28th APRIL @ 7pm.

with GRAHAM WOOD - Questions can be put with regards to the future of the football club.

Bar will be open.

ALL WELCOME.

I hope all the MOANERS turn up & enter their opinions in public. Let’s get everything off your chests & discuss in a sensible fashion! Maybe Carl could be there!

It would not help to have Carl there!

C.J., another 200 like you and the club would be safe.

I would suggest that the fans have been extremely patient given what’s being turned out on the pitch week in week out. The team have been a lost cause this season and we needed s change of management months ago. For some reason (contract/money) he’s been allowed to continue. Having Carl there would definitely not help.

Maybe having Carl & Gary there would bother a few people because then they would be able to put the record straight about lack of training facilities, having to get young loan players in for virtually nothing due to being told there was no money available, floodlights being turned off on the back pitch when training to save money.

Lots of issues that fans don’t know about, Carl and Gary have made mistakes but let’s be honest so have the club and I know I will get negative responses and I no longer care what people say because maybe the truth hurts and it’s time the club & fans took a long hard look at itself, as well instead of just blaming the management all the time.

The back lights are very low cost led so cost next to nothing to run so, I doubt that (we installed them) and no one spoke to me about the lights!

Carl is the manager and chooses the players he can and the style we play and we are to be relegated so, he has got it very wrong and his football has frankly turned off the fans! Even life long season ticket holders!

So it would not be good to have them at a “Chairman’s meeting” because it would stifle the debate around his position. He may have a few fans but not many I suspect, those that are not fans want a fresh start, new ideas, younger faces and for me personally, more attractive and attacking play and it won’t bother me to stay down a division if it brings that.

C.J., if you don’t believe me ask Carl or Gary on Tuesday about the lights I don’t make things up just for the sake of it. Nobody is denying Carl has made mistakes but then so have the club. I know my comments don’t suit what you and other people think but that’s life.

When early season the team had so many injuries, Carl asked to bring new players in and was told no. WHY? When players only get paid if they play so no extra money was needed. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again “fans” support their club through good and bad look at Grantham, Kendal and other clubs but for some reason, Witton Albion fans only want to support when things are going their way.

People have short memories and last season when it was cancelled the team were 5th with games in hand we lost Renshaw, Smart had more injuries than I’ve seen in watching and playing football in 45 plus years, yet fans still moan.

At your meeting with the chairman, ask for the truth about why the team couldn’t train at Moss Farm, ask what Carl, Gary and Josh Wardle were doing on Christmas Eve with regards to ringing around trying to get training facilities only to be told NO. We won’t pay for that facility.

You may be stadium manager and a long serving volunteer and fan but you don’t know half of what’s gone on this season off the pitch because the club have kept it quiet.

No other management team would have put up with half of what these lads have had to put up with this season so, good luck with new younger faces and new ideas because a younger inexperienced manager would have folded under the off field pressure Carl and Gary have had to put with this season.

All good points and I knew about training (the Witton training pitch was always available so get on with it) and yes, we have had injuries but I dont accept for one minute Carl’s done anything but a very poor job this season.

What is the excuse for a dreadful pre season, no lights needed! really poor tactics, boring defensive football and complete lack of passion shown.

You obviously talk to the mgt maybe talk to the fans that are left to get another view! New chairman, new board members let’s try something different on the pitch and maybe entertain the fans.

Yes C.J., I talk to.the management and players rather than listen to rumours and gossip, your point about the Witton training pitch is incorrect the pitch is unusable (a member of the ground staff told me that not management) in Winter when it is soaking wet and the ground staff who like yourself are all volunteers and can’t get a tractor on it to do any work. So “just getting on with it” as you say isn"t that easy.

The team had 2 training sessions for an hour at a time in Skelmersdale at 9pm at night because the back pitch was soaking wet in February. Too many Witton fans wear rose tinted glasses and think their club is perfect off the pitch sadly it’s far from it, and I’m not convinced this new chairman is the man to take it forward but good luck to him as he’s got a big job on his hands.

I accept the wet winter is an issue but it is much improved with drains and much better lights! So what was the excuse for a really poor pre season where we looked so unfit and ill prepared, the pitch was perfect to train and prepare on?

Most fans knew from that point on we were in trouble and one final point, why do we keep playing our “1 goal striker” what is the point. If the mgr cannot see the issue then he does not deserve another chance and his failure to act will probably cost him his job. We obviously disagree so let’s leave it at that everyone’s entitled to an opinion.

Concerning the Chairman, I cannot say as I don’t know him personally and yet to see him in action but, I’m prepared to give him a chance and judge him on results as I have with Carl.

It would be nice too see more people join on the board to help the new chaiman improve the situation.

REMINDER.

with GRAHAM WOOD - Questions can be put with regards to the future of the football club.

Bar will be open.

ALL WELCOME.

REMINDER.

Bar will be open.

ALL WELCOME.