Nantwich Town v. Witton Albion(Cheshire Senior Cup Second Round)

Full Time Score from The Swansway Stadium:

Cheshire Senior Cup - Second Round:

Nantwich Town 1 Witton Albion 2.

Witton progress through to the Quarter Finals.

1 Like

That was a nice win, both teams pretty strong and Witton shaded the first half and deserved the well made goal by Hughes after really good work on the left by Rokka.

Second half and Nantwich started much the better team and deserved the equaliser, a simple header off a long cross and it looked bad as Nantwich pressed hard, but a couple of subs either way saw Witton come back and after hitting a post and goal clearance we deservedly scored after good work by Roberts and Hughes, who played into Kennerley who turned sharply and put a great shot low across Roberts into the far corner to earn the win.

Good news that Harrison may be close to returning and Pope is having a small op on his knee and may be back sooner than expected.

My mom Fogerty who was tireless and created much of our play! Well in lads and Jon. UTA

One of the enjoyable aspects(apart from the obvious) of Tuesday night’s game at Nantwich was the use of the electronic scoreboard.I don’t know how much these cost or whether advertising could offset the cost.Would be great to have one at Witton.

Thought we were worthy of the win.

Listened to their Manager’s interview on social media. Must have been watching a different game.

Kennerley MOM for me.

I also thought the score board was a good idea they gave out the bookings as well

Yes, I liked the scoreboard as well but we might have better things to spend money on just now. But yes a good idea if we could get one sponsored?

1 Like