Nantwich Town v. Witton Albion

Always looked like one goal would settle the game and unfortunately it was them that got it.

We never won a header in their box until Ben was pushed up for the last few minutes.

Agree that the ref was awful.

According to Simmo, Nantwich’s winner was a Matt Lowton own goal.

Easy to sum up, defence good, midfield good, strikers hopeless.

A draw was a fair result but an absolutely terrible referee ensured the Nantwich win. We do need to move in the transfer market, we need a lot more threat from our strike force it needs an injection of pace and height.

Nantwich is a poor place to go on a cold or wet day too flat very exposed, the covered design is awful.

What a shame to design such a poor stadium for a reputed £4m and the pitch was a mess with loads of black rubber exposed, making it hard to play on and the queue at the Tea bar was awful.

Not a great day out onto the next game. UTA

You read my thoughts again C.J., definitely need height up front.

I did think there defence was solid especially left back who made some important interceptions.

With a decent ref we could have got the draw that we deserved.

If we ever get an all weather pitch, I hope we don’t get one like Nantwich that is the worse one I have seen.

Anyway, gripe over move on with a win on Tuesday and try to win the cup.

Don’t disagree with any of the previous comments but, it doesn’t help when you are blatantly pushed from behind as about to contest a header.

The referee stood and watched this consistently often from just a few feet away.

The players were rightly non-plussed.

Latest issue of When Saturday Comes magazine has a photo feature on the Nantwich game including shot of Witton fans behind the goal.

1 Like