New Ground?

One of the major reasons given for staying where we are was the lack of a possible site for relocation. Is the scrub land between Morrison’s and Gadbrook Park not big enough? It looks as if it is at least a hundred metres wide and at least four hundred metres in length. Or is the idea now dead in the water completely?
WHS.

Mark said on the podcast that the requirements put forward to the developers were

1. No further away from northwich town centre than we already are.
  2. Has to be on a public transport route.

In that case it fits. There is a bus stop just across the road in Rudheath and a tunnel under the bypass that would lead to the ground, the distance would be less than half a mile and the ground would be about a mile and a half from the town centre. But is it big enough and how much would it cost?
WHS.

Think we’re in the process of submitting plans for a 7 aside and 5 aside pitch with changing rooms for behind the popular side. So think we’ll be staying put for the foreseeable future.

IF we were to ever move from WP wouldn’t somewhere down at Moss Farm be a more viable option?

We tried that a few years ago but the locals put paid to it.
WHS

The main flaw with your suggestion WHS, is that the said plot of land is further away from the town centre than Wincham Park is.

We’d be shooting ourselves in the foot!

Unless there are sound financial / facility incentives to move ( a bit like the Nantwich scenario a few years ago) its a pointless exercise. One of the differences was that Nantwich’s old ground Jackson Avenue was in a dire state of repair. Witton’s isn’t. The only thing thats missing is a 4G training facility with lighting etc. Anyone got a spare £3/4M? SBL

How about asking Sainsburys if they wanted to sell,we could build a nice wooden stand(paint it red) on one side with a grass bank behind the goal and put a little tea hut in the corner and to make lighting better have three floodlights on each side.

Wincham just needs to be on a bus route! i saw a letter from a resident on Chapel Lane asking why there are no buses servicing our side of Wincham in the Guardian a few weeks back.
Northwich buses are a joke! Were hardly out in the sticks its 1 mile from town yet NO buses run that way! while im ranting about buses its crazy that as soon as it gets to 7pm they all start packing up?! the amount of times ive had to walk back to Weaverham after an away game because were back after the last bus has finished!!
Grrrrrrrr

Points taken lads, just an idea that I had when I was up at Gadbrook Park the other day. Personally I am happy for us to stay where we are unless someone offers us “Daft” money and a new ground close to the town.
WHS.