New Players

Just wondering what everyone thinks bout the possible new signings? This Richard Eyere luks 2 be a usful utility player. But is he gud enough 2 make a step up to a higher league?<br>I realy hope the rumour that Scott Williams is returning isn’t true because in fainess he wasn’t good enough 3 years ago! I hope JD has a bit more imagination than to sign him! But as i said it is just rumour and lets hope it stays that way!<br>I would much prefer us to sign 2 players of real quality and pay them a bit more rather than 6 or 7 average players. Somone like John Durnin who was released from Accrington this summer would really bring that touch of quality to the team!

I’m not sure on too many names but there should be a lot of players available again as always, lets hope the management can pick a couple of crackers so to speak.<br><br>Scott Williams, thought he was ok last time but I don’t feel he is the man to take us forward to be fair, regardless of what people say I think there is a big gap between most the NWCL and our level and he wasn’t exactly setting that alight either.<br><br>This Eyre may be the kind of player we should be after, did well in Unibond 1 last season in a struggling side, looking for the step up?<br><br>On a different note - just seen that Chester have signed Andy Watson from Farsley. He was excellent for them lasts eason and will no doubt leave a huge gap to fill. (possibly more good news for us) We shall see.

Richard Eyre reported to have signed for Leek Town (Sentinel reported 17.6.2004).<br><br>