New signing

We have signed Ryan Baker from kidsgrove. Does anyone know anything about the lad. From what i have read he is an attacking midfielder which is just what we need. Hopefully he will be a good addition to the side and give some more competition for places.

Extract below from the Kidsgrove Pen Pictures. <br><br>Ryan Baker (midfield)<br>Exciting 24 year old midfielder signed from Rhyl in July 2003 and whose impressive perfomances during the disappointing 2003/04 season led to him being placed on contract. A former trainee at Crewe Alexandra, his previous clubs include Caernarfon Town, Flixton, Trafford and Nantwich.<br>

sounds like a good signing, adding to a decent midfield may well be the bit of flair we need sometimes, have the workhourses in barlow, nolan and foy with a bit of flair now with yates, dicko and baker<br><br>will he go straight into the team on sat? if not when is he available and who will miss out from the current midfield do we think?

Quality Signing…good on the ball, quick feet, eye for goal and great balance…

The club has been after Ryan Baker for several months and have had several offers turned down.<br><br>Since Mike Worthington became Chairman, almost six years ago this is the most expensive signing the Club has made. It just goes to show how far the Club has gone since those dark days <br><br>Lets hope the signing of Ryan, proving how the Board is supporting for the Management team, can lift the team into a higher position in the league and that we can get another couple of hundred supporters back through the gates and we maybe able to invest more money in signing quality players.

Posted by: simmo9<br><br>will he go straight into the team on sat? if not when is he available and who will miss out from the current midfield do we think? <br><br>Not sure if he is available for sat. With a fully fit squad to choose from i think it would be either Barlow or Foy to partner him in midfield. Don’t think Nolan is up to it. Personally i would go with Barlow as he would add strength and determination along with his defensive qualities. Any views?<br>

Set for debut on saturday which means he is available but whether he will start I don’t know. Barlow is suspended and I’m not sure if Foy has recovered yet. Really looking forward to seeing him cos’ Kidsgrove’s fans speak very highly of him and the club have made a big deal over signing him.

I have to say I’m surprised it took so long for someone to mention the signing we made last night considering it was on the Home Page at 11pm last night - it took all morning to mention it - what were you all doing?? ??? ???<br><br>I believe Ryan will start tomorrow. I think after waiting 3 months to get him, it’d be silly to waste any more time, especially with Andy suspended and Adam pulling up in training again last night.<br><br>Will report on his debut tomorrow evening/night on my return from the North East.

Sorry to see Ryan go from Kidsgrove. You have snapped up a quality player who loves being on the ball and has an eye for goal. He’ll soon become a favourite at Wincham Park.