New signings

Witton Albion Football Club are pleased to announce the signing of 20 year old midfielder Sam Billington who has featured during pre season.

Also joining the club is young striker Will Igoe, who has also featured in pre season and scored at Barnton in our opening pre season friendly.

Sounds like the squad is starting to come together nicely. Hard to believe we don’t have people like Rob Hopley around anymore, but new division + new manager = new squad.

Let’s hope we can rebuild and put together a good squad with passion and determination, and get us back to the level we belong at.

Up the Albion​:+1::sunglasses::soccer:

Seriously? We’re postponing friendlies because of “slight” injuries, which suggests the squad is nowhere near as big as we need or would like? Maybe I’ve got the wrong end of the stick put a bit of proactive PR wouldn’t go amiss. We’re what, a week away from the new season and the signings seem to be just dribbling in. Need a team of eleven, plus a subs bench, all of whom have to be able to match Newcastle Town for starters. We all want to get behind the Albs and see them challenging, but the lack of updates makes the whole situation feel like a bit of a downer. UTA all the same though,

1 Like

It’s a bit early to be so critical, the season hasn’t even started yet!

Give them a chance ffs!

I agree with Left_Pegger - I’d sooner see us take our time and recruit quality signings than just go out and grab whoever is available.

Money is tight - let’s use it wisely… :sunglasses:

Personally, I didn’t envisage us letting every member of last season’s squad go. There were obviously the loan players who were bound to return to their parent clubs and there was never any real chance of us keeping hold of Saunders and Wardle.

Even at the “Meet the Manager” evening John Macken said probably no more than a couple would be kept but obviously that hasn’t happened.

It would be good to see the full list of signings updated if possible

I think it would be good to get those we have playing games, even if the standard of opposition isn’t quite in step with the Manager’s pre season preparations. Appreciate it’s not been an easy task for him coming in but game time is becoming increasingly important.
Is the Colls game definitely on?

Is Duckworth still with us as I see he played for Winsford yesterday. Thought he was one of the players who was recovering from a knock.

1 Like

I would say he is, probably dual reg with Winsford given family connections !