New super team in Unibond Premier

Let’s reach League in five years<br>WHITBY Town’s new manager wants to lead them into the football league ? and says it would be his ambition to be there within five years.<br><br>Dave Logan’s ambitious plans are great news for everyone connected with the club.<br>But first, they must get out of the Unibond League, and that could mean exploiting the loan market.<br>The club can only take four players on loans per season and Logan (40) is being careful "not to put all my eggs in one basket.<br>"It’s a must to strengthen the squad and at first, I told the players ‘you get me results and I will stick by you’," he said.<br>"It summed it up when we were 2-0 down against Matlock and the lads dug that deep for me and that’s what I want the changing room to be like ? it was bubbling afterwards, but it took a lot out of them."<br>Logan insists he only wants players who are 100% committed to the club and listed his pal Neil Hodgson, a former club captain, as the perfect example.<br>"If you’d told Hodgie to run through a brick wall, he would have done it," he said.<br>If Logan’s plans come to fruition, the Blues will be playing at an even higher level within 12 months.<br>"I’m so committed, I believe if we can get out of this league and get the revenue from the crowds and from the committee, I can strengthen the squad so we can do well in the Conference North," he said.<br>"I don’t want to make the jump, not strengthen the team and then come straight back down.<br>"My ambition is to be pushing to get into the football league in five years’ time.<br>"I would love to take Whitby Town into the football league."<br>What Logan also wants is to see is the return of crowds of 800-900 back at the Turnbull ? gates they pulled in when top of the Unibond first division seven seasons ago.<br>"When you can get nearly 10,000 people to go to Wembley, the support is there," he said. <br>"And there would have been more if the Endeavour had not been in town."<br>He admits his first managerial stint has thrown up challenges, as well as the odd change in protocol.<br>"It’s different from being a player, you have to divide yourself.<br>"I’d always been a player and had a crack with the lads on the back of the bus but now things have changed and I sit at the front now.<br>"It was always going to throw up challenges and they’re coming thick and fast ? I’ve never been a manager before."<br>Logan praised his predecessor and former boss Harry Dunn for lifting the club out of the old northern league to new heights.<br>The pair now go head to head tonight when Whitby travel to Dunn’s new club Blyth Spartans.<br><br> :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Erm yes, now we have been blamed for lacking ambition in the past but all the same…