New version of the site

As you can see, the site has changed. Over the past few days (and nights), the site has been rebuilt using the latest version of the software, and I have migrated the forum to a completely different, more modern and much more powerful system.
Log in is via the forum. All users and posts have been transferred over, so you can use your existing username, UNLESS you had any spaces in your username in which case these should be replaced by underscores ( _ ). You may encounter a problem with your password as the minimum password length requirement is greater on this system. To update your password you must use the email address you originally signed up with. If you cannot remember this or you no longer have access to it then email me at forumadmin@wittonalbion.co.uk and I’ll look into it.
I am aware that the registration system for new users had stopped working on the old site - there should be no problems registering now.

The site is very much ‘bare bones’ at the moment. I will work on improving the layout and adding features as time allows, but deemed it more important to get a functional forum up as soon as possible than working on the look and feel of the site. As always, constructive comments about the site are welcome, please add them in the dedicated forum category.

Mike.

Looking great so far thanks Mike :+1:t2:

If you have a google account you can now use it to log in to the forum.

I’ve had a go at modifying a theme for the site (Albion Forum) and have set this as the new default. The work was done mainly using a laptop, so there may be issues with some mobile views. However this will not be a problem as the previous default theme is still available unaltered. You can use the theme selector from the menu, or to select a particular theme as your personal default use the Interface section of the Preferences tab from your account (Click on your avatar then the small head and shoulders icon).
EDIT There are definitely some legibility issues with some of the backgrounds with some mobile views so I’ll investigate further and try to mitigate them.

2 Likes