New Year Message from Graham Wood

NEW YEAR MESSAGE FROM GRAHAM WOOD

BY KEVIN WRIGHT

It is nearly a year since I became Chairman at Witton Albion following the resignation of John Salmon. Since then I have attended most matches home and away and have met many volunteers and supporters not to mention having several great nights in the Social Club.

I would like to express my thanks on behalf of the board to all of you for your tremendous support and help. The work done by our volunteers is second to none and the loyalty of supporters is unquestionable and humbling (making a trip to Colne on a cold Tuesday evening is beyond words)

2022 was a challenging year to say th least. Relegation meant changes were needed.
A new management staff were brought in together with a whole new squad of players.

We’ve also had new faces on the board, in the social club and amongst volunteers. So enormous change which I’m pleased to say, has been embraced by everyone and we are seeing progress in all aspects of the club.
Like all clubs at our level we need to keep progressing to survive and thrive!

I hope you’ve all had a great Christmas and New Year and look forward to welcoming you on Bank Holiday Monday to the U Lock It for our game against Runcorn Linnets.

Up the Albion.

Graham Wood - Chairman Witton Albion Football Club.

The changes that have been made both on and off the field are noticeable.

The football on the pitch is a joy to watch as was demonstrated on Boxing Day, and the social club is looking brilliant, far more hospitable than previous years.

The feel good factor around the club is evident and good to see.