North Ferriby United v Witton Albion

Witton team:<br><br>Paxton, Hockenhull, Brownhill, Pritchard, Hughes, Whalley, Connors, Mark Jones, Moseley, Whittaker, Peers.<br><br>Subs: Bailey, Hurst, Tulloch.

Latest Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 0 WITTON ALBION 1.<br><br>Shaun Whalley after Mark Peers free kick came back off the post.

Latest Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 1 WITTON ALBION 1.<br><br>Equaliser 30 seconds after Witton had taken the lead.

Latest Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 1.

Half Time Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 2 WITTON ALBION 1.

Latest Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 3 WITTON ALBION 1.

Latest Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 4 WITTON ALBION 1.

oh dear :-[

:cry:

Latest Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 5 WITTON ALBION 1.

Full Time Score: NORTH FERRIBY UNITED 5 WITTON ALBION 1.

Another season in this God Forsaken League!! I am sorry, so many years have gone by since we were in a decent league, I am very dispondant. Constantly saying, "Maybe next year" is getting to be a bit boring. Still, as I hope to be finished with my studies by the start of next season at least I will be on the terraces to hopefully cheer the lads on to success at long last.<br>WHS

Come on WHS! I am despondant as well but think of our position before Chrismas.<br> Hey man, we won a cup and are finishing at a resonably respectful position.Ok, we can’t go up but can we afford to with the gate we get? forget it. We don’t to be a yo-yo team eh!<br> Always look on the bright side of life. [Everybody whistle!]<br> Who needs Mourinho? We got Jim Vinceio.<br> Witton, Witton Uber alles and all that jazz.<br> The Albs forever. ;D

Just got back from the game.<br>Yep its all over.<br>5-1, well yes it did reflect the game I think they could have had a lot more, however we know as the players do that they are better than that.<br><br>The last 15minutes or so looked painful, as so many tired legs soldiered on. I only realised how tired they must be when a fresh Andy Hurst came on.<br><br>All in all its been a decent season, just a shame we couldn’t have scraped through.<br><br>I say it all too often but maybe next year…<br><br>Well done the team - we couldnt have asked for any more. [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]

Hard luck to the lads they did there best! the run in has been sh*t and it could of cost us, As for the former lodgers I am afraid you are right they are really encouraging the youngsters all of my lads Witton Junior team went today! even my lad (though he promised he didnt cheer ;)) I dont think they will get that kind of crowds next year but lets face it we are never going to summon up that kind of support. So good luck to em >:( and heres to promotion next year (again) once again to all the team Thanks for your efforts!

I am afraid that I can’t agree with STU’s comment about playing the reserves at Gateshead on Monday ?<br>The reserves have themselves a very important game on Tuesday at Linotype/Cheadle, where they need 1 point to ensure them the runners up place in the league.<br>And after a great season, I only see it fair that they are allowed to win something which is a trophy and medals for their committment to Witton Albion.<br>As the 1st team game is a nothing match now.<br>I hope Jim sees sense in this.

I really don’t think it is worth comparing Albion’s performances to Vics, there is just no point.<br><br>We have to focus on our own goals - getting out of the NPL next year. If people feel down now then fair enough, but we still have a great team who have had an excellent season, and, most importantly, we have the right man in charge.

I’ll play.