North Ferriby vs. Witton Albion

Fantastic result ;D WELL DONE !

Yep agree with all of the above, Tell your friends the futures definitely Red and White. <br><br>Lets get the gate up on Tuesday, on that performance you’d pay a tenner to watch it!!!<br><br>

Well done Jim and the lads.<br>Talk about hitting the ground running!<br>We made them look poor, their so called "defenders" were arguing between themselves as soon as we started slicing them apart.<br>That was great entertainment, let’s keep it up, we’re capable of it!<br>Roll on Tuesday.

Late last season when we played North Ferriby at home some of their supporters were telling me that their wage bill was extremely small, ?60 a week being "top wack" and that several players were preparing to leave the club. If this has happened maybe we should wait a week or two before we get too excited about our team’s prospects. Still, 4-0 is a bloody wonderful result!!!<br>WHS

WHS<br>First game and already you are being negative, so you heard a rumour, so what. It seems we played like we did against Barrow, wonder what Barrows wage bill is???<br>For those who went yesterday, who was our best player. Can`t wait for Tuesday,

Very very hard to pick - everyone contributed in a positive way.<br>One aspect that I thought was very pleasing is we looked quicker over 5yards than they did - winning many 60-40 balls.<br>Andy - I agree with you but keep those comments about ?10 to yourself!

Right folks, managed to come down and on the way find quite a few superlatives.<br><br>OK "One swallow doth not make a summer" but hey let’s keep flying!!!<br><br>With no Non League Paper nor any report on the Ferriby website then here’s my version of the events yesterday. Neil you may want to transfer the report onto the main site <br><br>UniBond League - Premier Division - Saturday August 19th<br><br>NORTH FERRIBY UTD 0 WITTON ALBION 4 Attendance 208<br><br>Team: Worsnop; Spearritt; Pritchard, Barras, Hockenhull; Peers (Brown Al. 85), Brown Alex, Connors (Jones M. 76), Gahgan; Moseley, Warlow(Hendricks 73).<br><br>MoM Mark Peers nb Adam Warlow Team Rating 5 Match Rating 3<br><br><br>Albion produced their best opening day performance since sending Goole packing by the same score in their ? whisper it! - Championship winning season of 1990-91.<br><br>Mark Peers, twice in the opening minutes produced shots, one into the side netting whilst the other went narrowly wide. Mike Moseley then got onto a through ball, lobbed the keeper but the ball went over the bar. Following a corner-kick a seemingly lost cause was retrieved when Brian Pritchard slid in at the touch-line, played the ball back for Steve Connors to cross to the near-post but Moseley?s header went wide. Jon Worsnop was called into action on 18 minutes when he flew to his left to clutch Rob Smith?s 20 yard driven shot.<br><br>It was to be the switching of wings for Peers and Chris Gahgan that eventually brought about the flow of goals. Gahgan had certainly softened left-back Michael Price up but when Peers set about the poor defender he was truly left shell-shocked. On 21 minutes what at first appeared to be a miss hit free-kick along the ground from Tony Barras landed at Peer?s feet just on the half-way line. The winger took off beat two men before finding ADAM WARLOW, he in turn showed the high standards he?s learnt with Crewe Alexandra when he first went to his right before spotting a better opportunity to check back and produce the sweetest of finishes.<br><br>On 32 minutes Moseley won the ball in a central position, laid it off to his right for MARK PEERS to outstrip Price again before sending a 15 yard shot across keeper Antoni Pecora and just inside the far post.<br><br>Albion were running rampant and just two minutes later scored again. This time it was Connors who provided the pass, after great approach work, for ADAM WARLOW to latch onto and plant his shot across Pecora. Five minutes later and Moseley was desperately unlucky when he produced a vicious shot from 20 yards out that cannoned off the post, struck Pecora, who hadn?t a clue what was happening, on his back and then rebounded just over the crossbar. <br><br>With two minutes of the half left Albion had a slight scare when Worsnop hadn?t been able to collect the ball, however the goal bound effort was cleared off the line by the alert Darren Hockenhull. <br><br>North Ferriby changed their formation and brought on Neil Allison at half-time. However any lingering hopes they?d had of getting back into the match were well and firmly dashed on 54 minutes. It was great awareness from Connors when he switched play to the left finding Gahgan in acres of space. As Pecora got drawn out, the winger slotted the ball across to give MIKE MOSELEY the easiest of finishes.<br>That was the end of scoring but really lots of chances were still created however with such a commanding lead for instance, one could forgive Warlow, twice trying himself when colleagues were better placed. Gahgan also worked good positioning but delayed his shots. Alex Brown, commanding in midfield and Connors tried long distance shots that served to peg Ferriby back.<br><br>It was only very late in the match that we saw anything of their much revered striker Gary Bradshaw. Albion?s superb back four line keeping both him and the ban dangled Leon Wainman well in check. With five minutes remaining Bradshaw looked certain to score only for Worsnop to come up with superb improvisation when diving to his left he had the presence of find to flick a leg out and preserve his much deserved clean sheet.<br><br>So to much singing and applause afforded by the Wittoners, who accounted for a third of the gate, the squad, bedecked in their new bright Yellow & Black ?Jack Richards & Sons? sponsored shirts, departed the lush and truly magnificent playing surface having produced a performance more than equal to the occasion. <br>

To Oracle, I was not being negative, just keeping from going overboard, it wasn’t a rumour but a stated fact. 4-0 against anyone is a great result and no one wants us promoted more than I do but we have had our hopes raised many times in the last 10 years only to see them dashed, so feet on the floor until we are 15 points clear at Christmas.<br>WHS

WHS<br>Fully understand your approach but its is nice to get carried away now and again.

Well done lads, a great result and sounds like a great performance to go with it.<br><br>I was initially intending to travel up for the game but, circumstances prevented me from doing so. I’m really sorry to have missed it now.

I can assure WHS Bradshaw is not playing for ?60!

Lets face it this was a tremendous result against a team that was pushing for promotion last year. Buts that’s not the real story here - that has to be the way we played the game - it was exceptional. The passing and movement had Ferriby in trouble all over the park. The players deserved every moment of their ovation on Saturday. If we can maintain this level of performance, we have every right to be excited - and for those of you who missed it, i feel very sorry that you didn’t see one of the best albion performances for many a long year. In my mind no man of the match because it truly was a team performance, but a special mention for Chris Gaghan who has risen above the criticisms and put in a great performance.

Knutsfordian, you are spot on in what you say. From what other people have told me about the game. Sadly i couldnt make the game, because i was working at Alton Towers. However i can make tuesdays game.&lt;br&gt;Im also very pleased to hear the good news that Chris Gaghan played well.<br>Sadly there will always be people who will find something to moan about. even after a game like the one against North Ferriby.<br> It makes me think as to what the reason is, why some peolpe are like this.<br>Is it because theyre sad or as they might claim that results, and performances have gone bad in the past after a good start to the season.&lt;br&gt; Dont people like this know that if you think positive and be positive as a supporter it has a positive effect on themselfs, and the players this can only be a good thing.<br>Maybe they just feel the need to have a good old moan ?<br>

To be fair, I didn’t hear of any criticisms at Ferriby I was thinking more post the Northwich Game. <br><br>If we can get all the speccies to be positive and not revert to type after the first mistake I think this team will deliver the goods with some style. <br><br>After Saturdays game one even a Ferriby supporter was off down the bookies to put a bet on - US!<br><br>

The North Ferriby view (Stevie C if you are reading this this is the guy who gave Brownie MOM)<br><br><br>Report by Dave Simmons - Press Officer <br><br>Witton Albion put on a commanding performance to give North Ferriby <br>United a shattering introduction to the new season as they outplaying the <br>Villagers in all departments. <br><br>The result left Ferriby manager Brian France incandescent after the <br>game, "We got exactly what we deserved - nothing! They were sharper than us <br>all over the field and were first to everything. The first half was the <br>worst 45 minutes since I came to the club and we were second best in every area. <br>The only positive was that we put up more of a fight in the second half but <br>the damage had already been done by then." <br><br>Albion started brighter as they sought to erase the memory of a 5-1 <br>drubbing at Church Road in April with former Crewe midfielder Alex Brown the <br>fulcrum of their flowing football. Mike Moseley lobbed one chance over the <br>Ferriby crossbar before debutant Kevin Larvin had a weak 20 yard shot held by <br>Witton keeper Jon Worsnop. <br><br>It took Albion 21 minutes to break the deadlock, Brown skipping through <br>three tackles before finding Adam Warlow in space inside the Ferriby <br>area. Warlow, signed from Crewe on the eve of the match, calmly finished from <br>5 yards. <br><br>Ten minutes later Ferriby had a throw in level with the Albion penalty <br>area but the Cheshire side broke from defence and ex-Liverpool starlet Mark <br>Peers raced through the middle from his own half and beat Antoni Pecora with <br>a low drive. <br><br>Ferriby were stunned once more after 34 minutes when Pecora’s clearance <br>was headed back into the Ferriby half and Moseley flicked the ball into the <br>path of Warlow who netted clinically from some 15 yards. <br><br>It could have been 4-0 three minutes later when Moseley hammered in a <br>shot from 25 yards the ball cannoning off the goalpost before flying over <br>the crossbar off the shoulder of Ferriby keeper Pecora. The Villager almost <br>pulled a goal back three minutes before the interval when Gary Bradshaw <br>latched onto to a knock down from Jamie Waltham but his shot was hacked <br>to safety by a Witton defender. <br><br>Brian France changed the shape of his side at half time but Witton <br>killed off any prospects of a revival with a fourth goal nine minutes into the <br>second half. Brown picked up the ball in centre field and swept a <br>superb diagonal ball out to the left wing and into the path of Chris Gahgan. <br>Gahgan beat his marker and rounded Pecora before rolling the ball square into <br>the path of Moseley who tapped into an empty net. <br><br>Brown went close to a fifth for Witton with a 25 yarder which flew <br>narrowly over the home crossbar whilst Bradshaw tried manfully to haul his side <br>back into the match with two efforts, one of which rolled narrowly past the <br>far post and the other was blocked by the feet of Albion keeper Jon <br>Worsnop. <br><br>Ferriby, thankfully, will have little time to dwell on the afternoon’s <br>events as they travel to face another fancied side, Ilkeston Town, on <br>Tuesday evening. <br><br>TEAM - Pecora, Moore (Coupe 70), Price, Waltham, Foot, Smith, Thompson <br>(Morley 58), Bolder, Wainman, Bradshaw, Larvin (Allison 46). <br><br>GOALS - Adam Warlow 21 (0-1); Mark Peers 31 (0-2); Adam Warlow 34 <br>(0-3); Mike Moseley 54 (0-4). <br><br>ATTENDANCE: 208 <br><br>Man of the Match: Alex Brown (Witton Albion)

Its true we shouldnt get carried away but the atmosphere between fans and players and the way we played and the appreciation was of a level you don’t see that often at this level.<br>If we all turn up as positive tomorrow and encourage the team as we did on Saturday…<br> [smiley=banane.gif]

Let’s hope tonight is half as good - if it is that will do for me<br><br>Come on the Albion!!