NPL 2013/14 season 24 teams premier division

This seems to have slipped through the net in the past couple of weeks with all the other news from the FA but 24 teams will be the premier NPL from 2013/14 season. It is likely but not confirmed, that only 2 will be relegated from the NPL next season. 24 teams means 46 league games per season and in my opinion diminishing the quality of the product on offer. The FA appear in my opinion to be treating semi professional football as if we are full time professionals forgetting that the players have full time jobs as well. I do not believe that revenue will increase from the extra games as fans will not fork out for increased home and away costs that will come from the extra games. Add into this the league cup,cheshire senior cup,mid cheshire cup,FA cup,FA trophy and any play off games on the limited squads most teams have at the level, I believe there are too many games being played. A reduction in games is what is needed not an increase. I do not know if the FA bothered to consulted managers,coaches,players and fans at this level but I will take it they never. Any thoughts?

I understand completely where you are coming from with you points of view, but on the plus side it gives me more opportunities to get some peace, and get out of the house and down to Wincham Park to watch the Albs :woohoo:

Brings us into line with most of the Football League and also the Blue Square Premier - i expect that is the motivation behind it?

It’s the silly cup competitions that are the problem. Teams should be given the opportunity to opt out of the League Cup…

Agreed Robbo.

The Mid-Cheshire Senior Cup should be scrapped and the Cheshire Senior Cup should be a pre-season tournament. There’s no glory in winning either these days.

[quote=“Left Pegger” post=44233]Agreed Robbo.

The Mid-Cheshire Senior Cup should be scrapped and the Cheshire Senior Cup should be a pre-season tournament. There’s no glory in winning either these days.[/quote]

Disagree with your comment on the Cheshire Senior Cup… You obviously weren’t at Alty in 2006 :woohoo:

[quote=“Robbo_” post=44234][quote=“Left Pegger” post=44233]Agreed Robbo.

The Mid-Cheshire Senior Cup should be scrapped and the Cheshire Senior Cup should be a pre-season tournament. There’s no glory in winning either these days.[/quote]

Disagree with your comment on the Cheshire Senior Cup… You obviously weren’t at Alty in 2006 :woohoo:[/quote]

I think I was still in nappies then…

Have to agree, far too many games particularly for those that have full time jobs, at uni etc presumably most of the squad. The league cup and the mid cheshire cup should go for me if the fa expect us to play that many league games.

[quote=“Left Pegger” post=44235][quote=“Robbo_” post=44234][quote=“Left Pegger” post=44233]Agreed Robbo.

Disagree with your comment on the Cheshire Senior Cup… You obviously weren’t at Alty in 2006 :woohoo:[/quote]

I think I was still in nappies then…[/quote]

And Jonny was in shorts…

Mid Chesh Cup should be highest ranked team get a bye to the final, second highest ranked team a bye to the semi.

Anyone else who wants to enter can play off against each other prior to the semis.

I remember a Cheshire Senior Cup Final at Altrincham, when John Stannard came off the bench to score the winner, i think that was about 1996 (maybe), so have to agree with Robbo_ that is a trophy that should take a priority in a season.
Mid Cheshire Cup should just be scrapped no one turns out for the games as they usually clash with Champions League games, but I believe that if you are under the Cheshire FA that you have to enter the Mid Cheshire Cup as part of their rules

May I suggest we enter the reserve team in the Mid Cheshire and Cheshire Senior Cups? Crewe and Chester used to in the old days. It maybe that it is against the rules now though. No problem with extra games for me but I do understand it is a problem for players and supporters if they are working.
WHS.

I think, but I am not certain, but as an NPL Premier division side, do we not enter cup competitions at a later round, and therefore, we should have more opportunities to fit the local cup matches in?

There are only 22 teams in the league next season.

Sorry TT should have read your missive more closely.
WHS.

But with 4 extra league games to fit in these will surely take preference over other cups even we do start the Fa cup and trophy one round on from last season?

Seems strange, are we actually complaining about seeing too much of the Albs?
WHS.