NPLFA Progression - Kyle Hill (Witton Albion).

The NPL Football Academy (NPLFA) is delighted to announce that Witton Albion student Kyle Hill is progressing onto the NPLFA’s ‘Undergraduate Sports Degree’ in partnership with Loughborough College.

Since creating the programme in 2017, the NPLFA are offering two types of blended learning courses that will last three years – a BSc in Sports Coaching to gain valuable work experience at a semi-professional club while obtaining coaching qualifications and a BSc in Sports Management covering the football industry and a host of cross-transferable skills.

The 20 year old is now extending his stay for up to a further three years and is looking forward to continuing his education and football development at the Cheshire club. “Just the fact that being able to train every day and improve and also gain a degree at the end so you are not left with nothing if things do not work out is what attracted me to the course.

“I am looking forward to getting started, albeit it a little nervous but excited that I am starting a new chapter in my life.”

With ambitions both on and off the pitch, Kyle knows what pathway he would like to take. “I would like to play football at the highest level possible but if that does not work out I would like to gain my coaching badges and become a coach in the future”

The last two years have been an enjoyable time at the academy and one he would recommend to school leavers. “Just playing week in week out on good pitches inside proper stadiums was a great experience. My tutors also made the course a lot easier as they always offered help even when we weren’t in the classroom. I don’t think you would get that in many other places which is why I would recommend the programme to anyone who is thinking of joining in the future”

Everyone at the NPLFA would like to wish Kyle the very best of luck on our degree course and we look forward to catching up with him on his first year of the course in 2019.

Further to the above post, I have received the following update from Witton Albion Academy Team Manager Avron Franklin.

Just to clarify this season we have five players progressing onto the degree course. Kyle Hill, Cameron Birkitt, Owen Wynne, Callum Barnes and James Maddocks.

Considering we had only seven 2nd years at the start of the season it’s great that a massive percentage of the players enjoy the games programme and want to stay with the club for further education.