One worth looking at?

I was very impressed with this guy in the couple of matches I went to see Cammell Laird last season, wonder what he’s going for?

UniBond League Division One club Cammell Laird have placed young attacking midfielder Jamie McGuire on the transfer list.

23-year-old McGuire who previously was on pro terms at Tranmere Rovers last year turned down a contract at Stockport County following a successful trial, he elected instead to stay with his hometown club.

A club spokesman said, “We are disappointed to say that negotiations with Jamie have broken down, he wants to play at a higher level and without 100% commitment to Lairds we have no other choice but to take this measure."

McGuire, who in the past has also played on loan with Blue Square Premier side Northwich Victoria and trialled with Welsh Premier champions TNS, is a strong midfielder with the ability to come forward, he has scored more than 80 goals for Lairds in the past three seasons since they embarked on their climb up the non-league pyramid.

Sounds like he’d definately be worth enquiring about.

I generally agree with most things you say Robbo as a lot of things you come up with about our play and players seem to coincide with my own views. In this particular case I tend to agree with you again as I think this guy would be good for us. The point is that even though we have most of our midfielders on contract I can see the predator Benny coming back in for players like Alex Brown and Mark Peers. Getting this guy would be good insurance in case that happens. I think what will happen though like Ronnie Morgan he will go to the New Saints who will offer him more money. Shame though as I think this guy sound quite good even though he has been slightly contaminated by the Vics!!

For those with Central Ground memories - Jamie is the son of that very colourful character Reggie McGuire - who has been very supportive of his fledgling’s football career. throughout.

Thanks Chad. Remember Reg well he was a good player. If Jamie is a chip off the old block he must be worth signing!! I’m sure Reg would be quite pleased if his son played for us too so the connections are there!!

Would carry on the traditions laid down by Whalley and Maynard in recent years[br][size=1]Posted on: June 19, 2007, 01:41:27 PM[/size][hr][i]MK Dons have taken Eastwood Town’s Lindon Meike, 19, on trial. (Daily Star) [/i

According to BBC Sport’s Gossip Column today. Wonder if we could sign him if he doesn’t get snapped up?!!?