Pitch Sponsorship

I don’t know if anyone saw in the back of the Gateshead programme, but they had a pitch sponsorship programme.
This consisted of a diagram of the pitch divided up into a number of small squares which people then sponsored. This obviously then results in the company’s or persons name appearing in the programme.
I had wondered if it would be possible for us to do this. If you divide the pitch into a grid, maybe 5x10, and charge maybe £20 per square, this would result in £1000.
Just an idea.

Great idea, which a few did comment on at the time. I am not sure if Picko has taken it further.

One suggestion was to have some [color=#FF0000]PRIZE[/color] squares. (e.g. some hidden squares containing some signed shirts/balls etc., which would be revealed once all the squares were sold.)

I’m sure Picko will give us an update on his thoughts/plans.

What do other supporters think??

great idea

sounds good :slight_smile:

This is a great idea and I’m happy to put a page in the programme if it can raise this much money. However there are still a lot of players that have not been sponsored and I know Picko is still looking for match and matchball sponsors so maybe we can help support some of the options that are already in place?

It is a good idea and one that I am looking at along the lines TT has already posted with ‘prize squares’ The details of how many squares and how much etc is still being discussed as R&WB has pointed out we still have a lot of areas that haven’t been filled yet including page and player sponsors

It is an excellent idea.I am in.
This idea is similar to 'Friends of Laphroaig’plots except it is free when you join.
I would say £50 a plot is not unreasonable.