Promotion and Relegation from the Unibond Premier

[smiley=dunno.gif] Would someone be so kind as to clarify what the arrangements are for promotion/relegation to and from the Unibond League Premier Division at the end of 2004/2005 season.<br><br>Hopefully, Witton Albion will be challenging for one of the play-off places at the end of the season, and not be stuck in mid-table!<br><br>My understanding is that:-<br><br>The bottom three clubs in each of the Conference North / Conference South are relegated. (Six in total).<br><br>The (three) champions of the Northern Premier Football (Unibond) League, the Southern Football League and the Isthmian (Ryman) League are all promoted (subject to meeting the necessary ground criteria, etc) together with the (three) winners of the play-offs from the teams finishing 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the above divisions are also promoted to the Conference North / South. (Six in total).<br><br>The bottom four teams in each of the Unibond League Premier, the Southern Football League Premier, and the Isthmian League Premier are all relegated. (Twelve in total).<br><br>The (eight) champions / runners-up of the Unibond First Division, the Southern League Division One West, the Southern League Division One East and Isthmian League First divisions are promoted, together with the (four) winners of the play-offs from the teams finishing 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th in the respective divisions. (Twelve in total).<br><br>And some switching around of teams between leagues may be necessary because of the geographical location of clubs.<br><br>Is that about right?<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>

??? ;D I wud say based on that post that you hav answered your own question.<br><br>Did u used to copy answers out of the encyclopedia wen u did your homework!!!

::slight_smile: Fair point Statt Oh. The source info I used was a web-article from a year or so ago, so I was wondering whether anything had changed since then. So can anyone confirm?

From what I know Pete yes that sounds right, not 100% sure how they will fix that geographical bit but I’m sure someone will sus it by August next year!

:wink: As things stand just now, Vauxhall Motors, Bradford Park Avenue and Stalybridge Celtic occupy the three Conference North relegation spots, and in the Unibond First, North Ferriby United and Ilkeston Town are in first and second place respectively, with Willenhall Town, Gresley Rovers, AFC Telford United and Brigg Town currently occupying the play-off places.<br><br>

Yes so we will get all three of those Conf North clubs and someone from our league will have to move. Probably Ilkeston or Willenhall if they are promoted.