Quorn v, Witton

I keep saying it but few listen, “WE WILL WIN THIS LEAGUE!!” See you on Tuesday night. (I thought we were at home on Saturday, sorry) By the way, have the Mugs come yet?
WHS

A good sound win that, we need to keep this run going now, squad is looking a bit thin with the departures, however not too worried didnt rate them but we need to keep injury free with this small squad, looking forward to tuesday hope the weather improves, well done Gary and the team. :slight_smile:

C.J. wrote:

Have you not seen our number 4?!

:laugh:

The No 4 maybe out of action for a couple of weeks

Excellent performance yesterday very enjoyable to watch.
Enjoying having 3 strikers on the pitch at any 1 time, and it is working well.
Lamb had his best game in a witton shirt yesterday and scored a cracking goal.
Foster has to be included and was unlucky not to have got a couple yesterday,
Rocket Ronnie looks to be a quality signing aswell.

Quite like Ryan as cover at centre half, reliable and composed, the back four looked more solid without Neville.

Stood behind the dugout 1st half and Finley & co were really up for it plenty of shouting and organising, great to see.

No negatives from yesterday apart from conceding a soft goal at a bad time which we need to work on.

Good following and an enjoyable day out at a welcoming team with a nice ground. Look forward to going there again next season…

…(in a cup game :wink: )

come_on_the_albs wrote:

[quote]No negatives from yesterday apart from conceding a soft goal at a bad time which we need to work on.
[/quote]

I think that was a lot to do with Pritch having just gone off and the defence not having settled. Agree with the point regards Ryan, in truth wherever the lad has played he has given 100% commitment every time.

Thatched tavern wrote:

He only twisted a sock Jeff! He should probably sit out Tuesday but I would be very surprised if he did not play Saturday. Nothing the big man can’t shrug off!

I believe Pritch is indestructable.
WHS.

From the Quorn website

Quorn 1-4 Witton Albion (30/1/2010)
Quorn entertained another of the promotion candidates, hopeful of building on the midweek victory over Sheffield but were forced into changes with Ryan North failing a late fitness test and Steve Burton only fit enough for a place on the bench. Skipper Kris Matthews passed a late test and Anthony Marriott came in for his first game in just over a month.

The visitors were soon in their stride and helped by a series of needless free-kicks given away by Quorn, quickly took command of the game. It took only 6 minutes for Witton to go in front when another free-kick saw Ronnie Morgan put his side ahead with a simple goal. Quorn’s miserable start continued and Morgan should have put his side two up but inexplicably shot wide with room and time to spare. Quorn conceded a corner which they struggled to defend and only a last ditch block saved the day. After good work by Morgan , Steve Foster was guilty of wasting a guilt edge chance and the home side were lucky to be still in the game such was the dominance of the visitors. Things went from bad to worse for Quorn when Russell Peel was fouled and had to leave the field with a nasty facial injury that rendered him motionless for quite a while.

Matthew Langham came on in his place and the visitors took advantage while Quorn were still in disawray and Foster made up for his earlier miss by easily beating home keeper Steve Norris from close range . Norris gifted Witton a third 5 minutes before the break when he missed a cross and Carl Ruffer had a simple task to head home unopposed . In virtually their first meaningful attack of the game, Quorn pulled a goal back when the speedy Tom Byrne split the visiting defence wide open and crossed for Marriott to sidefoot past Aaron Grundy who was as shocked as the rest of the spectators !

After such a dismal first half Quorn had to improve but Matthews was unable to take the field after the break and Purton replaced him in another re-shuffle with Ash White moving to center half . Byrne went close picking up a loose ball before firing just wide. Back came the visitors and Norris atoned for his earlier header to deny Ruffer from point blank range with a superb save following a corner that Quorn failed to defend properly. Byrne and Ash Robinson gave Quorn rise to a bit of optimism with efforts that were not far off but it was the visitors who went close on several occasions as Quorn returned on to the back foot.

Terrible defended led to Carl Lamb popping in a fourth goal for the visitors although to be fair the striker finished superbly blasted home past Norris. Quorn should have reduced the arrears when Marriott weaved his way in the box and his lay off to Liam Turner set up a shooting chance but the Quorn no 10 failed to finish. The visitors seemed content with a 4-1 away victory and were well worth it with very little threat from a poor home performance. Ronnie Morgan for me was the pick of the visitors and gets my vote for MOTM .

When, o when are we going to have decent run of home wins ??

Why in the next few home games of course! :wink: Come on ALBIOOOOOON!