RACE NIGHT THURS 25th JANUARY 2007

Might call in if I remember, getting on a bit, so memory not as good as it once was, mind you, this Witton side is giving me plenty to remember, best side in years.<br>WHS

The time is closing in now on our Race Night, will those of you that have promised bottles of wine please let me have them ASAP so we can be sure that we have enough for the night, and thank you all for helping us out.<br>The next thing we need now is to complete the 8 race sheets that are circulating amonst you, so please contact one of us and help us filling these in, it is ONLY ?2 to become an Owner or a Jockey for the night.<br>We have also started to circulate the TRI-CAST sheet and it is only 50p per go with a prize of ?80 for the winner on the night.<br>Finally I have now printed the tickets for the evening and they are priced at ?2 each, which will entitle you to a PIE & PEA supper.<br>See you all Boxing Day and I will be hunting you all down, There is no hiding place<br>Merry Christmas to you all<br>Len Holman

Only 3 weeks to the race night, we now need to sell tickets at ?2 each, which gives you a pie & pea supper with red cabbage thrown in by Andy Lomas the chef for the night, we need to know how many to order, so please buy as soon as possible.<br>We need 4 people to be tote sellers on the night, which is very simple to do, we already have Derek (Thanks Derek) so we need 3 more volunteers please.<br>If any of you can take our Tri-Cast sheet home or to work and sell us some, it will be very much appreciated.<br>Please contact Len Holman and arrange to pick it up for a few days.<br>All the money raised goes into Jim Vince’s pot<br>Please support this function<br>THURSDAY 25th JANUARY @ WINCHAM PARK SOCIAL CLUB 8pm FIRST RACE

Len, i’ll take the tri-cast sheet into work for a day or so. Get your Mike to pop it round to mine if you can. <br>Cheers, Robbo.

Cheers Len, i’ll drop it back round in a couple of days along with that bottle of wine! Unless you accept sherry??

Any bottle will do Robbo cheers<br>Will the other people that have promised bottles please let me have them ASAP [smiley=banane.gif]

Could anyone with bottles for the night, please bring them along next Saturday against Rushden, as I will be away on holiday from Sunday for a week.<br>Could you please get your tickets and anyone selling them let me have any back that you can’t sell so we know how many Pies to order<br>Thanks to all those who have donated bottles and those that have sponsors the races/owners & jockeys<br>We now have 3 volunteers to do the tote and we need one more please<br>The Tri-Cast is near completion and should be available on Saturday, see Andy Lomas

The race night is nearly here now, please buy your tickets by this Saturday 20th so we can order enough pies & peas for next Thursday 25th
Anyone that promised bottles and have not yet seen me please bring them on Saturday to thr Lincoln match
We still need 1 more person to help run the tote on the night, if anyone out there can help
Also people that have taken tickets to sell, could you let me have back any that you have not sold by Saturday
I am also waiting for 2 completed race sheets to be returned, I need them by Saturday at the latest(complete with Money please)

LEN Last tote seller organised (my daughter Ive just told her !)

Thanks for that Andy, How is the Tri-Cast going, Bring it to the match on Saturday and we will finish it off. Tickets paid for todate 63, with a lot more promised, we will finalise it Saturday
Thr reserves are bringing 16 players
Don’t forget your Race sheet and money also Andy
Nearly got 16 bottles for the winners, hope people will bring them Saturday ???

Len, I will be at the game on Saturday, God willing, and will have my bottle with me. Are you going to be there? if not, who should I give it to, Graham?
WHS.

You can drop it off in the shop if you like?

So what’s the crack with these race night jobbies then?? We had one at work a while ago, but i just propped the bar up all night!

Will definately be there, even if i just repeat the same trick again!

Robbo how have you done with the 10 tickets chad gave you to try and sell, If you can’t sell any amoungst all you masses of friends, please bring them back to me on Saturday as we have got to let Andy Lomas know the number to enable him to order pies & peas
All you need to do on the night is spend loads of money on the tote and then Jim Vince will be a happy man[br][size=1]Posted on: January 17, 2007, 09:01:15 PM[/size][hr]Thanks to all you that have bought tickets for this great fund raising night
We have sold 154 tickets and Andy Lomas has ordered the pies from Birtwistles
Please all turn up and help us raise a lot of money to enable us to keep this great squad together

Very enjoyable night.

Well done to the organisers - well worth all your efforts.

GE

Thanks to Len for organising a great event last night, also thanks to Andy Lomas and his family and the Leos and Derek for selling the tickets.

Lastly big thanks to everyone for supporting the event.

Looking for suggestions on the next fund raising venture. So far a comedy night has been mooted but it would mean selling 100 tickets at ?10 each.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Andy, Len and Jim.

I bought a ticket but due to an accident couldnt make it,can I get my pie n peas on Tuesday?! :wink:

No, they have been put to one side for Crouchy. And he bought 50 tickets for himself…