Radcliffe FC vs Witton Albion.

Tame effort from Andy Owens on 46 minutes easily saved by Chris Renshaw in the Albion goal.

Yellow card:

Witton’s Isaac Baldwin on 48 minutes.

Scott Bakkor still looking for more goals. Deflected effort on 48 minutes goes wide.

Radcliffe free-kick from 20 yards on 50 minutes clips the top of the crossbar.

Will Jones with an effort on 51 minutes deflected wide for a corner.

Great right wing corner by Danny McKenna on 55 minutes is met by the head of Nick Ryan but Radcliffe clear off the line.

Scott Bakkor races goalwards again on 57 minutes but this time Radcliffe keeper Cameron Belford comes off his line to deny him at his feet.

Spectacular volley by Radcliffe’s Jean-Louis Akpa-Akpro on 62 minutes goes wide of the target as the game continues to bring chances for both sides.

Attendance: 424.

Witton Substitution:

Tom Owens replaced by Josh Gregory on 69 minutes.

Ball in by Scott Bakkor on 77 minutes is volleyed wide by Will Jones.

James Foley does well to intercept in a dangerous area on 79 minutes but his shot lacks power and the Radcliffe keeper Cameron Belford saves.

GOAL

Latest Score from The Neuven Stadium:

Radcliffe FC 1 Witton Albion 3.

Matthew Crothers reduces the arrears with a free-kick on 79 minutes.

Witton Substitution:

Scott Bakkor replaced by Steven Tames on 84 minutes.

GOALLLLL

Latest Score from The Neuven Stadium:

Radcliffe FC 1 Witton Albion 4.

Will Jones follows up to score on 85 minutes after Radcliffe keeper Cameron Belford parried Steven Tames shot.

Lovely footwork by Isaac Baldwin on 90+2 minutes who turns on a sixpence and fires a low shot which is well saved by Cameron Belford in the Radcliffe goal.

Full Time Score from The Neuven Stadium:

Radcliffe FC 1 Witton Albion 4.

A great all round team performance topped off by Scott Bakkor who was magnificent. Today’s performance should shut up a few critics (well, until next Saturday at least).

Really good and unexpected win, would like to know how we set up to spark the change. Hopefully, a more attacking shape. UTA

C.J . Witton played 3 5 2 with Jay Foley alongside Billy Smart & Scott Bakkor up front with Will Jones who both scored. It could have been 7 or 8 without exaggeration the lads were superb & the back 3 of Nick Ryan , Steve McNulty & Josh Wardle were solid . I don’t understand why you think it’s a surprise win though? We have a good squad & management and they cannot be judged on the 1st game of the season, we all know it wasn’t great v Whitby & nobody more than the players but, what I do find strange is the forum is silent when they win but nothing but criticism after a bad result.

It was a surprise win after 2 poor results. I think speaking to the fans that setting up with one striker at home and 11 men defending set pieces exaggerated the feeling of fans, and in addition we had 5 strikers signed. So I think after 2 seasons of pretty negative football the fans were hoping for a change with an increased budget hence my comment about set up.