Radcliffe preview

Taken from the Radcliffe site<br><br><br><br>PRE-MATCH NEWS <br>Posted by The Office (office) on Apr 24 2006 at 9:44 PM <br>Boro News >> <br><br><br>?The Boro? travel to our Cheshire neighbours Witton Albion tomorrow with the job of avoiding relegation back in their own hands. Two wins from the remaining two games will see the ?Boro? safe and at least well placed with the other teams from the pyramid leagues to become the best placed 4th from bottom teams. One win and a draw could still be enough, whilst depending on other results in the league and around the country one win could still provide us with a lifeline, however manager Andy Johnston was in a positive mood and said ?The fact that it is in our own hands makes a big difference and also we have the opportunity to put ourselves in a very good position with a result at Witton going into our last game of the season at home to fellow strugglers Bradford Park Avenue which will not be an easy game as they will be fighting for their lives also and a win for them could see them avoid the drop. It is between us, Bradford, Wakefield and Lincoln and it will go down to the last day of the season? Witton are currently in 7th place and have just missed out on the play-offs with a situation similar to the ?Boro? with a number of games in a short space of time and Johnston said ?Like ourselves recently they have played Saturday, Monday and Wednesday 3 games in 5 days which is ludicrous and yet we have had another Saturday with no fixture our 4th this season it is hardly professional and reflects poorly in my opinion of the league.? Johnston is hoping the tremendous fight back last Tuesday will inspire his team to a result, but recognises Witton will provide strong opposition, ?I thought Witton looked one of the best teams we played at home and have only just fell away from the play-off spots so I am expecting a very difficult game, but the performance the players put in on Tuesday and the spirit and character they played with I am sure shown everyone who watched we will not give up at all in any game? The ?Boro? go into the game with no injuries and with the same 14 players as last Tuesday.<br><br>The ‘Boro’ suffered a 3-1 defeat at the Inn2Gether Stadium back in October after having Steve Foster sent off in the 60th minute with the score at 1-1, Carl Lomax scoring the ?Boro? goal the team that day was: -<br><br>Priestley, Duffy, Whealing, Kelly, Wilson, Sampson, Brannan, Foster, Morley, O?Neill, Lugsden Subs - Heald, Lomax, Edgington.<br><br><br>

Was there actually a game tonight,only I couldnt make it and would like to know the score!!

1-0 toRadcliffe

any reorts any1?

This is one of the reasons the gate was so low, when not many of you so called wittoners never turned up [smiley=ranting.gif]

Dont be stupid Len.You know not everyone can make every game,doesnt mean theyre not Wittoners,and maybe a meaningless end of season game with nothing to play for is not top of everyones priorities

Well Mr ShutUpConnett, it’s a good job the players don’t think like you. Oh and of course all the volunteers down at Witton without who, the matches would not even have taken place.<br><br>Try and undertsand peoples frustrations and while you are at it, change your stupid username!<br><br>

well said Eddie, I know for a fact that some of the players would have played 3 nights on the trot with Wednesdays fixture if required, perhaps that commitment alone warrants a decent turn out on the terraces. Wednesdays performance was as good as we could have expected with the tired legs on show a bit more luck and we could have won the game.<br>One more game for the first team and the reserves are in their cup quarter final all in all i think its been a good season. (This being my first at Witton i am looking forward to the next campaign).

Since no one can be bothered to write anything constructive or come to think of it useful here is the match report from the Radcliffe site.<br><br>The Boro knew before this game that a win in both of their final two games would guarantee avoiding relegation and keeping their deserved status in the Unibond Premier League.<br><br>Due to the importance of the game it was no surprise to see the Boro start very tentaviley, relying on Danny Hurst in the Boro goal to keep their hopes alive. Hurst on no less than three occasions pulled out spectacular saves to deny the home side, this along with The Albion hitting the woodwork for the first time keeping the Boro’s hopes alive.<br><br>The Boro’s best opportunity of the half saw Tony Whealings free kick easily saved on 35 minutes.<br><br>The second half saw the Boro play with a much more sense of purpose. Foster going close within 5 minutes of the restart.<br>The homeside must thank experienced centre half Brian Pritchard for keeping them in the game, Pritchard controlling the home defence for long periods.<br><br>The Boro almost took the lead on 55 minutes when a speculative ball into the Witton area, saw the home goalkeeper misjudge the bounce, with only Pritchard to save his blushes clearing off the line.<br><br>The writing though was now on the wall for Witton, and Matty O’Neill headed the Boro in front on 61 minutes after some excellent work from Andy Heald. The ensuing celebrtations only undermined by the referee who decided to cut short any similar excitement as seen at Whitby.<br><br>The final twenty minutes saw the fingernails shorten on the Boro fans in presence, who were almost breathing a little easier as Forrests goalbound effort rattled the Witton cross bar. Witton though refused to give in and they themselves hit the bar for the second time in the game, along with a third effort in stoppage time.<br><br>The three points were fully deserved by the Boro who now know that a win against second bottom Bradford Park Avenue will secure their place in next seasons Unibond Premier Division.

ok first of all why do you always start with your handbags Len… stick to your reserves forum for your banter (haha only a joke before you get your knickers in a twist)…anyway…<br><br>I understand why not as many went to the game against Radcliffe as to be honet…<br><br>I think we have overall had a good season and i have enjoyed many of the games but…<br><br>Yes the players have had a tough run in but so have many other teams in our league but they are still digging in and getting results against teams higher in the league than the ones that we are losing too.<br><br>It seems that at the moment there is no difference between us coming 6th or 8th and i think this is wrong…<br><br>anyway sorry if anyone is offended but everyone is entitled to their own opinion (even Len)