Remember when. Bradford v Witton 1966.

Can anyone supply me with info on the FA Cup tie V Bradford PA on 26th November 1966.? I know we lost 2-3 and that Cunliffe and McDonald scored for us within 13 minutes as I was there but I have no record of who scored for Bradford and when. Anyone else got a better memory?
WHS.

Obviously Chads the man for this as he’s got it all at his fingertips. I do know being a little scared when I got onto the ground as we were surrounded by Park Avenue fans and they were not too friendy. However Barry Thomas being 6’ 6" tall and having the voice that was a growl rather than a soprano soon scared them off by standing in front of us albion fans and growling beggar off down your own end you Yorkshire puddings!! Exit the Park Avenue fans down to their end!! I miss Barry not seen him for ages sat next to him on the coach going to Wembley in 1992. Happy memories. I do remember we were robbed in this match 2 nil up with a blatent pen turned down plus us being all over them for the majority of the game. However I guess full time fitness won them over. I remember a short squat blonde haired player for them scoring I think 2 goals. It was Bobby Ham who is a kind of legend round Bradford had his own building company in later years. I do remember that although that witton team of Ken Barnes never really won anything how delightful they were to watch. How could they not be with Chris Nicholl, Peter Mellor, Bobby Cunliffe, Jim Macdonald, Elijah Gorton, Dave “overlapping” Lambert, Stuart “bite your Knees” Davey, Tick a tick Tynan , Roy Mathews, Frederick Taberner and of course “Sir” Kenneth Barnes who could literally make a ball talk. Fabulous team fabulous memories and very very unlucky in this match even their fans said so on the way out of the ground. A privilage to be there!!

One of Bradford’s goals that day was scored by Willie Waddell. Found a brief summary of the game on a Bradford forum, it mentions us being 2-0 up and them coming back to win but it doesn’t mention who scored Bradford’s other goals. Ironically, they beat Workington in the Second Round before going out to Fulham.

Many thanks.
WHS.

What a game that was, a game we should have won.
That team was awesome, they never won much, but the football they played was out of this world. A real class team, which i feel very proud to have seen.

Game featured in the Albion Review v Rugby Town, goalscorers for Bradford were Symonds, Robinson and Waddell.

Isn,t there a framed match report in the club shop/museum? Like mona I would have sworn that it was Bobby Ham that scored the winner. He definitely played.

Read the Giuardian report on the match in the Library today. Cunliffe and McDonald for Witton then Symonds, Robinson and Waddell for Bradford. It was also that season we lost a two leg Cheshire Senor Cup Final to Alty 3-2 before winning the Northwich FA Cup against Winsford 1-0. Believe it or not 1,322 saw that game and Chris Nicholl got the winner.
WHS.