Reserves at home vs Knutsford, Saturday 14th Sept.

Witton Reserves are playing Knutsford in the Cup tomorrow, Saturday 14th September kick off 3pm at Help for Heroes Stadium. As I am not able to travel to watch the first team at Ashton United in the FA Cup, I have decided to watch the Reserves again and give them some support. However, as these matches are accessed via the Social Club, it causes me a problem with my wheelchair. I am wondering if there is likely to be anyone available to open the “monkey gate” for me prior to kick off. I am expecting to be there just after 1.30 and can gain access to the Social Club via the main entrance upto the start of the match.

Hi derek
I believe Adam was going to open the monkey gate as the turnstile so you should be ok to gain access.

Well, sad to say that Witton Albion bowed out of two cups this afternoon after the Albion Reserves were thrashed 9-1 by a very strong and clinical Knutsford side. Witton just didn’t seem to be able to cope with their opponents who piled forward and bombarded young Witton keeper Paul Harrison with shots from the very first minute. The 17 year old was offered little protection as Knutsford cut through the Witton defence time and time again to lead 5-0 by the interval. Immediately after the restart that became 6-0 as the Knutsford forward waltzed through the defence with ease to chip the stranded Harrison. Soon afterwards it became 7-0 as Knutsford kept up the momentum and further goals arrived later in the game. Harrison did his best and pulled off some blinding saves that could have made matters far worse and Knutsford were also guilty of missing some chances. Witton did manage a consolation goal late on in the game but this was one of those games best forgotten and quickly.