Reserves Bow Out of Amateur Cup

Afraid they couldn’t produce anywhere near last Saturdays’ shooting form and were beaten 0-2 when Styal scored from two breakaway first half goals.<br><br>Meantime the Youth Team’s match was called off by the Moss Farm authorities.

The lads will be the first to admit that they where below par today, the game was played on a uneven pitch but it was the same for both teams. Chances where squandered and the woodwork saved Styal on two occasions and we had one goal disallowed. They took their two chances well giving the Witton keeper no chance, Styal sat back second half and we unable to take our chances. Credit to a resiliant Styal side who bounced back from last weeks 4-0 defeat . It tells a story when their man of the match was the keeper who had a fine game. Not to worry 3rd in the league we would have taken that at the begining of the season.

Jimmy,<br><br>agree with your view but would add it was pretty clear that Witton were the best team, however styal had a game plan for the heavy poor pitch,and once they were ahead stuck to it and rode there luck a bit, apart from there 2 breakaway goals albeit from witton errors they did not create much. <br><br>Dissapointing really having beaten poulton vics so well I fancied them to do well, still on the positive side we are a young side and if they all learn a bit more from that defeat then it wont have been wasted, at the end of the day the ambition should be to break into the 1st team in the future.<br>keep the pressure on in the league lads and keep battling.

Thanks for the reorts on the reserves page, it is a pity that we can not achieve stability in our results, still the team is very young and i feel they are learning, good luck to Steve and Damo for the rest of the season, i am sure the team and managment will do Witton proud.