Reserves Progress to Semi-Final

In a hard fought contest up in Jam Town it was Steve Hardy’s team that eventually came up trumps against a Barnton team that belied their poor league form.<br><br>A Ryan Barhill shot, back after being sidelined through injury for the last two months, was the nearest Albion came up the hill in the 1st period, when his free-kick went just over the crossbar.<br><br>Barnton were presented with a fairly easy opening goal three minutes into the second half. With Barnton’s Joey Crellin down, holding his head a number of defenders thought the referee would stop play - he didn’t and the ball was crossed for Liam McDonald, with a clear shot on goal to shoot past Brett Walker.<br><br>Full-back Matt Murray provided the 56th minute inspiration to bring Albion level. A clever run took him past two defenders before he was brought down in the box. Up stepped ANDY HURST, cool as a cucumber, to place the spot kick past Lee Grannell.<br><br>From then on it was virtually all Albion pressure as time and again they came down the hill, Barhill had gone close three times whilst Craig Ward saw his effort go marginally wide. However it was the shrewd introduction of Leon Williams, halfway through the period, that brought the match-winner. He linked up well with the very impressive 17 years old County Youth captain Iain Bailey but saw his eventual shot beaten down by Grannell but up popped ANDY HURST on the line to apply the vital finishing touch.<br><br>Danny Jarrett, probably having his best game of the season, was desparately unlucky in the closing stages when his shot struck the crossbar.<br><br>So it’s a semi-final place booked at Crosfields, Warrington on Saturday May 6th ko 2:30pm with a possible final at Congleton Town the following Thursday to look forward to as the Reserve’s season continues.<br><br>Before that they have their final league match at Daten (Culcheth Sports Ground) on WEDNESDAY (note not Tuesday) kick-off 6:45pm to look forward to.<br><br>TEAM: Walker; Murray, Ward, Jump, Bailey I.; Barhill, McNamara, Jarrett, Hurley (Stringer 89mins); Smith (Williams 68mins), Hurst. Sub n/u Clarke K.

With our lack of funds it is obvious our hopes lie with the reservr team for any future success and they have done the Club proud this season. <br>WHS

Please could Someone let me have the directions to Crossfields.I think it is on A57 but that’s about it.<br> Thanks.

Happy to oblige although I’d already posted these details along with the match last Tuesday within the General section.<br><br><br>Then on SATURDAY MAY 6th - Kick-off 2:30pm it’s the Semi-Final of the MCL Presidents Cup away at Crosfields. the tie is played to a finish - extra time , penalties. <br> <br>Directions to this ground are:- <br> <br>Ground: Hood Lane Recreation Ground, Gt Sankey, Warrington <br>Tel: 01925 411730 <br> <br>Approach: From centre of Warrington leave travelling West on the A57 passing Levers/Faberge and along Sankey Way. Keep straight on at large roundabout after 1 mile. After a further mile turn right at the traffic lights, by the David Lloyd Centre, into Cromwell Avenue. Take 1st left at next island into Cannons Road then 3rd left into Hood Lane North. Ground at end on the left <br> <br> <br>

If anyone is free tommorow please come along and give us your support, it will be a tough game as we have not beat Crossfields so far this season, if we can win then it is a final on Thursday night, what a nice end to a fantastic season that would be !!!

I,m back from Menorca just in time for the semi-final, see you all there, well done lads while I was away [smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=cheezy.gif]

;D Latest Update on the paving slab that my old fellas head hit. <br><br>Its still a bit groggy, but nothing broken!!!

Witton Reserves battled through to win a place in Thursdays final, the match was a poor game but the result 2-0 to the albion was all that mattered. Hopefully a match report will follow… well done to all concerned Spare at thought for Brett on thursday he is banned from the final following his red card from weeks ago, more than sure Keiron will do a great job for us.