RESTART

Gents

Whether or not the league kicks off again next week it looks like our FA Trophy First Round tie versus Bamber Bridge will go ahead on Tuesday 8th December kick off 7.45pm.

Although we will be allowed to have supporters in, Bamber Bridge supporters will be advised not to travel because they are in Tier 3. The Social Club will have to remain closed unless it opens up as a restaurant and they serve “substantial meals”, then we can serve alcohol but only then to diners.

This brings me to the Snack Bars inside the ground. I read in the Non League Paper this morning that these can only provide a take away service and clubs should check with their local authorities to get guidance. I believe that we had a visit last month during a Vics game from the local authority and John had dialogue with him, it may be an idea to speak to him to see where we stand on this.

There is an NPL Zoom meeting on Tuesday evening to discuss the way forward for the league with the outcome expected to be announced later in the week, but with 17 out of 22 Premier League teams being in Tier 3, it is very difficult to believe that the league campaign will kick off again soon, as those 17 clubs will not be allowed to have spectators.

The FA have planned that the FA Trophy and FA Vase competitions will go ahead regardless of teams having spectators. The FA Trophy Second Round date will be Tuesday 15th December and the Third Round on Saturday 19th December. We may have more clarity at the back end of this week.

Regards and stay safe

Mike Harper.

Secretary.