Rushall Olympic v Witton Albion, U1S

I don’t know where you got your information from marston mauler, but Paul Brown wasn’t involved at all tonight. Vauxhall Motors have apparently put 7 days notice in for him, so presumably that is why he didn’t play tonight.

Luke Powell looked good upfront. He is quick and has a decent touch, so could be a good acquisition for us.

Lamb deserved his goal, after having one chalked off in the first half for offside after a 30 yard run. Ryan Broadhead was booked for arguing with the assistant following the decision.

The Rushall no. 10 could have been sent off for a late challenge on Peter Heler, but escaped with a booking.

Officials were rubbish, as usual, but at least they didn’t cost us the win. I have no idea what the league were thinking of though when they assigned Brummie officials to a Brummie home team!

Ah, I assumed he was on the bench tho you clearly (Looking back) did not say that!

That’s more like it!!
Everyone contributed to a well deserved win.
If we can carry that effort through to Mickleover we’re in with a shout.

WHEELS wrote:

That sounds unbelievable, surely must have been a second yellow?! :huh:

Not a great game but as we were the team trying to play football justice that we got the 3pts. Kick and Rushall’s tactics together with some bad decisions from the officials nearly ruined it for us. It is all about winning at this stage of the season and we are still in with a chance of the play-offs. Surprised to see Ryan playing and he was a little less mobile than usual. New boy on loan from Barrow was quite quick for a Powell.

3pts at Mickleover ? Could be ! :wink:

Not great to watch but the points are all that matter. We were the better side and deserved to come away with all three points. As the away team we were the ones taking the game to the opposition. Lamb had a great individual finish disallowed in the first half and it looked like we were not going to find the winner.

The officials lost all control of the game and once again it degenerated into a farce in the second half. In the end the man in the middle probably booked about 10 players and gave Brad a second yellow/red card. Absolutely ridiculous that we were the ones to be kicked up in the air (both Heler and Maylett) yet are the ones to finish the game with more bookings and 10 men!

The plot was set when he booked Ryan in the first half for doing nothing other than talking to the linesman after our goal was disallowed, Ryan showed no aggression, no animation and the referee was nowhere near to hear what he had said, he did not even consult with the linesman before producing a yellow card from 30 yards away. The whole incident for our disallowed goal followed a foul on Powell which he did not give!

Powell was also fouled in the second half as he ran the ball to the byline, no foul given and 10 seconds later Powell and one of their players were booked. These bookings don’t happen if the referee gets the first decision right.

It is somewhat pointless criticising officials as the they are generally bad at this level and good ones are the exception. The guy last night was bad for both sides. That’s something like 5 red cards in 7 games, but of them all last night’s was the least deserved of the lot. The player swung at Maylett’s legs in the box, he gets off with nothing whilst Brad gets a second yellow card and dismissed. Ridiculous. I think the club should register a complaint, not that I expect it to achieve anything other than raising the issue that standards have to improve.

The lads battled well last night and got what they deserved, hopefully more of the same on Saturday.

A reasonably fair report on the Rushall website;
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rushallolympic/?section=clubnews&news_id=116211

An excellent win last night for Witton, fully deserved and puts us right back in the mix for that 5th spot. A comedy of errors from the referee looked to have spoilt the night for us, but a good bit of fortune (at last!) saved the day. Not to take anything away from the players, although we aren’t playing well we are starting to pick up points and grind results out. A draw on Saturday would not be too much of a disaster if we win next Tuesday, but we can’t afford any more defeats before the end of the season and Eli, all players should read ‘Sons of Albion’ before the games, they’d be inspired! :laugh:

Was a great win last night, picking up 3 points on the road is always nice, especially with a last minute winner.

Some great individual performances, Ryan slotted some lovely balls through, Heler battled, new striker did well and looks fast, Lamb scored 2 (although 1 disallowed about 10 minutes later!) so hopefully his confidence will be up going into Saturday.

I dont see why we are looking at 5th place, i think we can go higher but now is the time for the players to really have a go at it.

great win, squeaky bum time until the end of the season now, lets see if we can string a winning run together. nice to win playing attractive football but scrappy 1-0 wins would do just fine. another 3 points from the next game lads, well done. :slight_smile:

For the people that were qustioning if Gary had lost the dressing room and was failing to inspire - when we scored, half the team celebrated with the scorer the other half ran over to Gary to celebreate with him.

Was waiting to hear from the GF-baiters, but been pretty quiet after last night’s win. Surely, we must be optimistic of the play-offs despite our inconsistent form?

Looking from afar, it looks like injuries and suspensions have taken their toll. Not a lot GF can do about the injuries, but the concern must be the discipline. Don’t get me wrong, I always cringe when I see us towards the top of the Fair Play league - for far too long we have not competed physically with the opposition. It’s about time we did, but the unnecessary suspensions due to dissent and “afters” should be addressed by GF as a matter of priority. And he must put his own conduct in order first, otherwise he sets no sort of example.

It’s doesn’t make sense to start a GF-out campaign at this stage of the season.

Come on the Albion!

I like seeing a manager up of his bench, appealing decisions and going mental when we score.

At least it shows that he’s bothered.

jono I was speaking to several witton players the other week all them players all said that they dont listen to him in the dressing room.
How is that having control of the changing room :S
please explain

And yes i am happy about the fantastic result but it will take more than 2 wins to make Finley a good manager

jono wrote

For the people that were qustioning if Gary had lost the dressing room and was failing to inspire - when we scored, half the team celebrated with the scorer the other half ran over to Gary to celebreate with him.

So only half the team likes him then ? :wink:

Agree with u EddieC - no use making a change at this stage of the season.

Let’s wait and see which league we are in next season first !

Been away on holiday and really chuffed about the results had a few beers on the strength of that , it does put us back in the mix for playoffs if Gary can get us there superb I have no personal axe to grind, I think the issues some fans including me have with him is - poor discipline, turnover of players, inconsistent selection policy and maybe most importantly his abrasive edge in dealing with players and fans - I may be wrong, hence why some players will not take to him and some will ? He can overcome this of course by winning and getting us promoted but in my experience it helps to get everyone on your side in doing this, if fans actually like a manager then they usually get cut a bit more slack, and if you can keep the players happy then they will deliver more ? after all isnt running a fotball team about man management has Gary got this skill time will tell ?.

Roll on a promotion push Cmon Witton & Gary :slight_smile:

Looks like we will have to do it without Foster and Broadhead, who have apparently signed for Salford and V*cs.

:angry:

Not surprised - there could be more going ?

Looks like it’s Pritch for Player of Season again then ?

I think the deadline is next week? Not 100% sure though…

But the contenders for Player Of The Season are falling fast!!

wittonrobbo wrote:

[quote]Any news why Brown isnt playing he was amazing saturday.
Or is it just finley deciding leave out another good player[/quote]

Vauxhaul Motors put 7 days notice in for him.