Rushall Olympic v Witton Albion, U1S

I’m beginning to think that the Unibond League should have transfer windows to stop such activity. The problem is that clubs at this level are not financially capable of committing to contracts for all squad members (who then have to be paid whether selected, injured or just out of form). In the absence of a contract anyone half decent can be pinched by a bigger club for nothing! The lure of playing for a higher league club and an extra £10 a week sees players come and go far too easily.

Maybe three one week windows in October, Christmas and February would help to rid the teams at this level of a problem that his killing the lower league game. Prior to each window clubs could make their own decisions to offer players contracts to keep them longer. Remind me to have a word with the Unibond League Chairman.

CJ think that post is spot on! If you look at the players signed the quality looks good enough to win this league. It just makes you think if the ‘team spirit’ was right they wouldn’t be just looking at hoping to make the play offs?

C.J. wrote:

[quote]Been away on holiday and really chuffed about the results had a few beers on the strength of that , it does put us back in the mix for playoffs if Gary can get us there superb I have no personal axe to grind, I think the issues some fans including me have with him is - poor discipline, turnover of players, inconsistent selection policy and maybe most importantly his abrasive edge in dealing with players and fans - I may be wrong, hence why some players will not take to him and some will ? He can overcome this of course by winning and getting us promoted but in my experience it helps to get everyone on your side in doing this, if fans actually like a manager then they usually get cut a bit more slack, and if you can keep the players happy then they will deliver more ? after all isnt running a fotball team about man management has Gary got this skill time will tell ?.

Roll on a promotion push Cmon Witton & Gary :)[/quote]

I seem to remember that we all loved Jim Vince until the end of his final season!

TT Jim Vince was brilliant for us when he was here sadly it went very sour between him and the chairman at the time and despite all the rumours about what went on there are 2 sides to a story we only ever heard mikes side, Jim Vince had very good contacts, great mgt skills, played very attractive football with young players and we were challenging every year and he had a good realtionship with the fans, can we say that about gary finley ? and unfortunately I do not have the faith he will get it right, but I really hope he does.