Shaun Whalley

Dario Gradi has confirmed to Crewe Alex World that Witton Albion youngster Shaun Whalley is training with the club.<br><br>The 20-year-old winger has been attracting the interest of several Football League clubs since the start of the season, having been an influential part of the UniBond Premier Division clubs good start to the new campaign, along with Crewe loanee Adam Warlow.<br><br>Dario went to watch Whalley play for Albion on Wednesday evening, as the non-leaguers thumped Tranmere Rovers 5-1 in the Cheshire Senio Cup, and has invited him to train with the Alex.<br><br>"I saw him on Wednesday and he did well," Dario admitted to Crewe Alex World<br><br>"I believe there is a bit of interest in him from other clubs, but Witton’s manager (Jim Vince) got in touch and asked if we’d have a look at him.<br><br>"He isn’t working at the moment so he will come in and train with us and we’ll have a look at him."<br><br>Whalley’s Witton manager Vince meanwhile said "I have no idea whether Crewe will be interested in him, but from my perspective the trial will only do him good.<br><br>"It gives him a chance and gives Crewe the opportunity of one of the best young talents around."<br><br>

The above is taken from Crewe’s website.

No, they cant take shaun - he’s class.

Apparently Real Madrid are lining up a ?25 million counter-offer as we speak.

wouldnt be surprised mate, top quality

I believe he’s on trial elsewhere this week as well.

the lad really does get everywhere doesn’t he!