SPONSORED WALK

The Joshua Tree & WAFC Development Fund | We are delighted to announce that once again our supporters have organised a sponsored walk from Northwich to @RuncornLinnets before our friendly there on Saturday, 4th August.

Sponsorship Forms are available from JP Ceramics and will also be available inside the Social Club on Sunday, 24th June when England play Panama on the big screen.

Sponsor forms for anyone up for the Runcorn stroll will be available Tuesday from the club shop which has been re-located to the museum inside the stadium, if you don’t fancy walking why not sponsor someone ( like me not Tracy!),

What time are we meeting up on the morning of the walk

Not sure yet Pete, probably around 9.ish?, don’t want to get to the pub before it opens

I think the pub we used last time (Tunnel Top) is shut

It’s defo closed down, I think we drank it dry when we stopped last time. Maybe then leave an hour later and go straight to Runcorn’s Social Club.

The Beefeater is just 1/2 mile further on just off the mini roundabout, open around 9.30 and do breakfasts, so what do you reckon go 2hours earlier!

So all the calories we lose on the walk, will be put back on with a pint and a big breakfast.
A balanced diet is important I suppose so count me in.

It would be very much appreciated if anyone travelling to Runcorn Linnets on Saturday, 4th August by car, could assist with transport back to Northwich after the game for those taking part in the walk.

Hope to leave from the “Morg” at 9.30am on Saturday. Anyone requiring a lift back see Graham Crouch on Tuesday. Cheers.

What is the actual distance we are walking

Last time we clocked it approx 10 miles if you included walking back and to the bar!

Evening all, just a quick thank you to all those who did the Joshua Tree walk to Runcorn yesterday. In no particular order Paul Davies, Peter and Graham McKenna, Dave Nield, Ian and Lewis Stanley, Graham Crouch, Chris Evans, Dean Taylor, me and Tracey Collins. Thanks also to the support vehicle boys Jeff “where’s me phone” Powell and his co-pilot, Johnny “water boy” Powell. Also a special mention to the supporters and officials of Runcorn who gave us a warm welcome and fed us! Thanks to everyone who sponsored the walkers and the actual figure raised will be announced soon. Almost forgot to thank the very honest lady called Jo who found Jeffrey’s phone on the bench outside Brio Leisure where he’d left it and handed it to reception.
It wasn’t a race but Paul got to the pub first but didn’t get the yellow jersey because he failed to get the beers in and Tracey came last!. Cheers all.

We are now able to announce that the Sponsored Walk to Runcorn Linnets in Pre Season, raised over £2000 in aid of our joint fund-raiser with The Joshua Tree.

Well done to everyone involved in arranging and to those who took part in this venture.