Supporters Team Player Of The Season

Our last game of the season is on Sunday (29th) at 2.30pm

Our Player Of The Season award will be presented on Sunday evening.

We are due to meet up at the Chesterway (formally the Mill House) from 6pm. We will be in there until about 7.30pm before heading into Northwich for liquid refreshment (and possibly watch the Euro final in The Anderton?). The award will be presented to the lucky winner before leaving the Chesterway!

If anybody would like to meet any earlier, i think we may be in there for tea from 5ish.

Would be great to get everyone down who has played a game for the Supporters Team this season. You generally get medals for finishind 2nd, so if we have those on Sunday then it would be good to hand them out to people.

We really did have a great season, and it will be nice to celebrate in style!

Robbo, Is that open to supporters as well on Sunday night?

I could certainly make it down to the Chesterway.

Wheels, I can confirm that it is open to all supporters!

It certainly is! The more the merrier.

Thanks to everyone who attended the awards last night. It was worth coming out just to see Crouchy’s shirt…

Anyway, the awards went as follows (in true Phil Chadwick fashion…);

1st Runner Up - Adam Clarke
2nd Runner Up - Graham Crouch

WINNER - SCOTT CARTER

That’s the 2nd time Scott has taken the award, so well done to him.

To summarise;

NEIL ANDREWS - 1 game
Potty even happened to be in the Chesterway at the same time as us last night - that’s dedication for you!!

MIKE BLUNDELL - 12 games, 7 goals
I think Prew’s explanation of what Mike brings to the team was spot-on… But in my opinion Mike always gives 100%. The respect that he shows to both the referee and also our opponents is a great example for others to follow :ohmy:

MARTIN CADMAN - 1 game
Finally made his debut for the team, and joins his brother in the ‘1 game’ Club.

SCOTT CARTER - 20 games, 7 goals
Player Of The Season, stand-in Captain, record appearnce holder… A great season from Musher/Masher/Mosha/Macca.

SHAUN CARTER - 6 games, 2 goals
Shaun couldn’t play yesterday due to his earlier appearance at Glastonbury.

ANDY CHADWICK - 13 games, 2 goals
Probably the least selfish player in the squad, and brings a wealth of experience to the team :wink:

ANDREW CHESWORTH - 6 games, 2 goals
Ched came into the team when we were struggling with injuries, and did a great job for us.

ADAM CLARKE - 15 games, 7 goals
Clarkie has been a great addition to the squad. His 2 goals against Winsford and his cracker against Knutsford are enough to earn his 3rd Place in the Player Of The Season vote. He cheats at Pro Evo though…

GRAHAM CROUCH - 17 games
Runner-up in the Player Of The Season vote, but unchallenged in the ‘Worst Hairstyle’ awards :blush:

NIGEL DEELEY - 1 game
Young Nigel proved he still has what it takes to cut it at this level.

MATTY FALLOWS - 9 games
Some players tend to go missing in games; Matty went missing for about 3 weeks… He’s back in the side now though, and Danny Barnes will be pleased to hear that!!

IAN GRASSBY - 1 game
Old git.

TIM GREEN - 3 games, 2 goals
Tim’s last-minute winner against Northwich was one of the highlights of the season. Swears like a trooper.

TOM GREEN - 10 games, 7 goals
Prolific infront of goal. Returned to the Team mid-way through the season, and nearly scored the goals to win us the league.

SI GREGORY - 3 games
Managed to drag himself off the treatment table on 3 seperate occasions…

DREW HASPELL - 12 games
Swollen knees don’t stop Drew from being one of the hardest tacklers in the squad. Has had his injury problems, most notably the one he picked up whilst pole-dancing in Exeter. Dont’t mention the caramel shortcake… :ohmy:

DAVE JOHNSON - 5 games
Frap-tastic!

STU JONES - 3 games
Prolific infront of a kebab. (Have you seen the t*ts on Stuey Jones…).

ADAM KNIGHT - 4 games
With the Carters and the Cadmans, the Knights make up the 3rd set of footballing brothers in the squad. Adam is the Phil Neville to Glyn’s Gary…

GREG MARSHALL - 9 games
Team captain who models himself on Brian Pritchard. Is pleased to finally be free of injury.

GRAHAM PREW - 7 games, 7 goals
A serious injury robbed us of Prew’s services when he was playing his best football since joinging the Team. Would his presence of won us the league? I guess we’ll never know…

MARK ROBINSON - 10 games
I’m rubbish - but i try my best!! And i kick more balls over the fence than any other player!!

DANN STUART - 6 games
Emma says Dann has put weight on during his enforced absense from the team - and who are we to argue? :dry:

CRAIG WEBB - 1 game
Yet another member of the ‘1 game’ club. Helped us out when we were short of players.

21 matches played, 24 players used. Thanks to everyone.

Congrats to Scott, Adam and Crouchy.

Do me, Prew, Clarkey, Scott and Mike get an award for top goalscorer??

No. You clearly didn’t score enough goals, so you need to try harder next season…

Well done to Scott, the awards only temporary!

Final massive thanks to Robbo for organising the team, putting up with all the grief that goes with it, and giving 24 people the opportunity to pull on a red and white striped shirt on in anger!

Good effort all round boys, great to see the team doing well and some notable achievements.

Well done to Scott and also to Adam and Crouchy.

Nearly time to start training for the 11-a-side Charity Trophy at Christmas. With 24 different players starting for the 6’s Robinson may have a few selection difficulties this year!!!

And being as nobody put their name forward to have a crack at managing the team, then it looks like you’re all stuck with me for another season!!

Drew will carry on helping me out, and will probably play a bigger role in training etc.

I think that it is important to have a really good start to the season. In hindsight, although we were happy to remain unbeaten for so long earlier in the season, we could really do with turning some of those draws into wins.

We did really well though, and if we can keep a more settled side next season then we may do even better.

Pre-season training on Tuesday night, and then right back into it next Sunday!!

Any word on the potential game against Runcorn?

I think that next season we can take it up another level again.

I think that it should be difficult to break into the team rather than people getting a game because they haven’t had one for a couple of weeks! That way you will keep a settled team that you want. This may ultimately go against me because we’ve got a good squad now but that’s the way a football team should be!

Me and Robbo are discussing the idea of setting targets for everybody next season, then fines for underachievers to go to the players fund. For example, 20 goals next season for me, then X amount for every goal I fall short (if i do of course :wink: ) all light-hearted of course, and it adds a bit of banter!!

Thoughts everyone??

I assume Robbo is being targeted on keeping the ball within the fence?

For every ball he loses, £10!!!

Also if anybody doesn’t pay their fines, there is a forfeit.

I think that the whole squad should donate £10 per man for every goal that i score!!!

That would raise precisely no money, next

Well as a gambling man then i’m sure you will be prepared to take the wager…

gladly

Excellent. Shooting practise for me then…