TEAM COACH TO LINCOLN - SATURDAY 14/1/17.

There are upto 20 seats available for supporters on the Team Coach departing from The NetDec Stadium on Saturday at 10.15am. Cost - £15. There will be one pick-up on the way at Holiday Inn near Junction 15 of the M6. Supporters wishing to travel should please contact Graham Crouch via email - crouchy1012@live.com for further details. Bookings can only be guaranteed if made by lunchtime on Friday at the latest.

Lincoln beaten 6-0 tonight by Shaw Lane!
WHS.

yep and shaw lane now on 50pts from 21 games. 100 pts to win the league? That will be a tall order given our schedule. They are getting regular games and keeping the score board ticking over

[quote=“Knutsfordian” post=68348]yep and shaw lane now on 50pts from 21 games. 100 pts to win the league? That will be a tall order given our schedule. They are getting regular games and keeping the score board ticking over[/quote]Yes, totally agree, it seems to me that we will be looking to get a play off place and that would be a great improvement on recent seasons if we do. I can’t really see us doing a Fleetwood, that run of theirs was exceptional.

It has always appeared that whoever wins the league would probably have to finish above Shaw Lane and it’s still looking to be the case. We have to play them twice so six points would be massive for us but, the other games in hand are vital too. No point beating Shaw Lane twice then dropping points in the other games because the gap wouldn’t close. The other possibility is that the gap could even have widened by the time we play each other. Hopefully not but, our schedule is extremely tough and the lads can only do their best which is what they have been doing so far this season.

As regards Fleetwood, I feel we gave them one almighty hand that season. Playing them here on that Easter Monday, we didn’t have to win that game just avoid losing it and the title would probably have been ours. Instead our manager at the time, played straight into their hands by the tactics he implemented and it backfired on him and us.

I think you are ignoring what look like some great signings for us. Shaw Lane can be beaten and not just by us. I am sure the champions of our league will not amass 100 points.
WHS.

Shaw Lane are being bank rolled to the title with a very big budget and have signed proven players, our latest signings Im not that impressed with and when fit we will I am sure revert to the well known line up we have seen already, from then we need a bit of luck but agree yes second looks about right from here but miracles do happen. UTA

I’m not saying that it’s impossible for anyone to catch Shaw Lane but, it’s difficult to compete financially with them. On the field they’ve got the points on the board and it’s always better to have points on the board than games in hand because they can’t lose those points already gained. We’ve got an excellent side when everyone is available as results and performances have shown this season but, having to cram games into a short period is not ideal and it can work either way but that’s what happens when you’re successful in cups.

We can win the league , this team will give their all, as they have been doing all season. they just don’t give up, so why should us fans give up. WE WILL WIN THE LEAGUE. UTA

The title is still in our hands.
WHS.

This group of players certainly have the ability to win the league and if Shaw Heath weren’t in our league then I’d say yes.
I just think we’ve got to many games to catch up and would be extremely difficult to win all those .
Given that this team continues to surprise us though I wouldn’t put it past them.
Having said that I back this team to beat anyone in a one off game so I would be confident if we reached the playoffs.

Clubs go on winning runs, they also go on losing runs, we just have to make sure we have long winning runs and Shaw Lane go on a long losing one!! Seriously, it is not over until the Fat Lady sings and she hasn’t cleared her throat yet!!
WHS.

My prediction is we will go up through the play offs and win the Cheshire Cup this year. Add to that the fantastic runs we had in the FA Cup and Trophy and for me that is better overall than winning the league. But I wouldn’t rule us out of the title just yet either. UTA

I reckon you will go up via the play-offs - only fixture congestion to blame for not winning the title. I hope we both reach the Senior cup final and pull in a massive crowd. Your manager has done a sterling job since taking over!