TEAM COACH TO ROMULUS - Saturday, 10th September

There are a limited number of seats available on the Team Coach departing from The NetDec Stadium at 10.45am on Saturday morning - Cost: £15. Please contact Graham Crouch for further details or you can leave your names on here.

There are now only two spare seats available on the Team Coach for Saturday. Anyone wanting to travel on the coach needs to contact Graham Crouch A.S.A.P

So Romulus play in red and white stripes and their ground is called the Central Ground? Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…

they play at coles lane,the home of sutton coldfield i believe.

Yes, the stadium is called Central Ground and it’s located in Coles Lane at Sutton Coldfield. It’s also a 3G Pitch. They had to play their first few games of the season away from home, as they couldn’t use the pitch until it had passed certain tests and was of the required standard.

I am amazed that some clubs at this level are allowed to play on 3G pitches, I think it is Basford that also have one in our league. Surely a massive advantage if you play half your games throughout the season on it. Anyway we’ll just have to get on with it. UTA

Maidstone in the Conference also play on 3G. They look ok and at least not as dodgy as the placky pitches back in days.

I’m sure they are much better than they used to be, and are ideal for training, but for me matches should always be played on proper grass. Just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

As preparation for Saturday’s game, the team are training at Moss Farm tonight and also, all visiting teams are permitted to train on the surface on arrival prior to the match.

Saturday sees Witton travel down the M6 into The Midlands in a top of the table clash against Romulus FC. Like Albion, The Roms have also begun the season in fine form and currently have a 100% record like ourselves. They have however bowed out of the Emirates FA Challenge Cup in midweek following a replay at Hereford. Romulus currently share the ground of Sutton Coldfield Town which has a 3G Pitch but, like their landlords had to begin the season away from home until the playing surface had met the required standards. This fixture represents a six-pointer if there can be such a thing at this early stage of the season and both teams will be looking to continue their impressive start to the campaign so a tough encounter is to be expected. Kick off at Coles Lane is 3pm.

ROMULUS FC,
CENTRAL GROUND,
COLES LANE,
SUTTON COLDFIELD,
BIRMINGHAM,
B72 1NL.

Directions:
From M6: At Junction 6 A5127 to Sutton Coldfield, turn right at Odeon Cinema (Holland Road), first right into Coles Lane. Ground is 150 yards on left.

From M42: Junction 9 A4097 to Minworth. At island follow signs to Walmley Village, right at lights B4148, and after shops left at lights into Wylde Green Road, over railway bridge and right into East View Road which becomes Coles Lane. Ground on right.

Parking: The only vehicles which will be admitted to the Ground Car Park will be those containing non-paying persons. These are defined as: Club Officials & Players, Match Officials & previously named guests. The Ground & Car Park gates will be closed 45 minutes prior to the game - (2.15pm on Saturdays & 7pm for midweek games). The gates will not be reopened until 15 minutes after the final whistle except for emergencies.

Admission Prices: Adults £8, Concessions & Students £5, Under 14’s £1 (if accompanied by a paying adult ).

Matchday Programme: £2.

Social Club: The large Social Club on the ground has a function room with capacity for 170 people and is located at one end of the stadium behind the goal.

Refreshments: The Tea Bar is at one end of the ground.

Travel Information : The Team Coach is departing from The NetDec Stadium at 10.45am. There were a limited number of seats available but they were filling up rather quickly and in fact were almost full by the middle of the week.

Most professional pitches are in some way artificial which is why they do not cut up like they used to. I remember a book written by Terry Venables many years ago called “The used to play on grass” , seems it was forseeing the future.
WHS.

Interesting character expected to be lining up for Romulus in the game and a rather interesting name to conjure with - Charisma Agbonlahor. Yes, he is related to the Aston Villa player Gabby - they’re brothers.

Good luck boys, keep up the good work and keep us top of the league. UTA

Slightly concerned that Brad Bauress is unavailable today, hopefully someone can step in to try and claim a regular spot in the team.

Yes Bauress will be a miss, hope Williams is fully fit now and can step in, will be another tough test for the lads Romulus are clearly a decent team. UTA

Wasn’t aware that Bauress was unavailable today, I think it’s more likely that Karl Noon will come in. The plans seem to be to keep Paul Williams for the Stalybridge game next week hopefully. Danny Roberts should also be back in today although Jonathan Ritchie apparently did nothing wrong last Saturday. Roberts was training on Thursday night.