TNS 2 Witton 1

From the TNS website<br><br>TNS completed their pre-season preparations with a deserved 2-1 success against Unibond League Witton Albion.<br>There was no happy return to Treflan for Witton management duo and former Saints? players Gary Finley and Lee Coathup, despite seeing their side take the lead after 17 minutes.<br>Michael Jackson was adjudged to have fouled in the box and Ian Latham stroked home the penalty.<br>TNS were level on 26 minutes when Marc Lloyd Williams eluded his marker Tom Spearritt to convert Mike Wilde?s cross.<br>Visiting keeper Jon Kennedy was kept busy, saving from Wilde, and watching a succession of TNS efforts just miss the target.<br>But three minutes after the break Lloyd Williams was pushed in the back and John Lawless slotted the winner from the spot kick.<br>In a spell of late pressure, Saints? keeper Gerard Doherty saved at the feet of Mike Moseley while Andy Lee hit the crossbar and saw another effort well-saved by Doherty.<br>But it was TNS who should have added to their tally with Steven Beck and Jamie Wood both spurning late chances. <br>13 August 2005 <br>

TNS were probably deserved winner however given I was informed they are full time and some of their reputed wages I can safley say we wont be playing anyone of that standard in the Unibond!<br><br>I thought we looked very promising, and certainly created some very good chances. Infact I see no reason why we can’t get a result next Saturday at all.<br>See you there in good voice I hope!<br> [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif] [smiley=banane.gif]

Dead right Neil, my mate played for them last year and had to leave because they only wanted full time pros and the wages were printed in the paper before the Liverpool game some on ?600 !!! so I think a pretty decent result, roll on saturday!