Today's game

Good luck to everyone for today’s game - sorry can’t be there but will be in spirit!<br><br>Quite sure that we can expect the same physical game from Guiseley as ever - but nothing that the "football" team can’t cope with.<br><br>Keep the updates flowing guys!!<br><br>

goood luck to the lads and the reserves as well who travel to poynton.

Come on the Albion!!!

updates would be welcomed!!

I understand we are 2-0 down?

full time 2-2 according to sky. great comeback?<br>

Sorry for the ???, just trying to juggle text messages and tv updates.<br> Any first hand reports?<br>

We were indeed two nil down, but a great spirit in the side let us come back to 2-2 with the last goal coming from our Keeper ;D with a great header.

After seeing that again we were missing key players through injury including now Mike Moseley and we were having to start with Adam Foy up front I would have taken a draw before the game but we could have won it with chances created and the fact that both their goals game from errors. I agree though a great team spirit pulled us back and it great to see the whole team and the bench celebrating the equaliser!

It was a great comeback, one of the best, but why did we not play with the same commitment and tempo before we went 2-0 down? I have to say though, the players gave it everyhting in that last 20 minutes and deserved their point. I take it Pritch will remain centre forward until Mike is fit? <br>WHS

Here’s my report and no Jon Worsnop isn’t on a goal bonus ?[smiley=cheezy.gif]<br><br><br>UniBond Premier League ?- ?Saturday August 26th 2006<br><br>WITTON ALBION ?2 ? GUISELEY ?2 ? ? Attendance 271<br><br>Team: Worsnop; Spearritt, Pritchard, Barras, Hockenhull (Brown Alistair 85); Peers (Hendricks 72), Brown Alex, Jones M., Gahgan; Foy (Brownhill 66), Warlow.<br><br>MoM ?Chris Gahgan ?<br><br>The home goalkeeper Jon Worsnop proved to be both hero and villain in this match at the Britannia Carpets Stadium. On 62 minutes he allowed an innocuous free-kick to drop through his hands leaving Scott Jackson, who?d only be on the field two minutes, the fairly simple task of converting the loose ball and thus give Guiseley a two goal cushion. Then with less than two minutes left to play Worsnop, seemingly totally unnoticed, got himself to the edge of the visitors penalty area and when Chris Gahgan?s cross, after Tom Spearritt had been ordered by the referee to re-take a corner-kick, was floated over JON WORSNOP got in a looping header, that was watched by the totally static defence along with keeper Steve Dickinson, to nestle in the right hand side of the net and thus rescue an unexpected point for Witton.<br><br>Witton?s massive injury problems left them with only, on-loan from Crewe Alexandra, Adam Warlow up front and they rarely threatened the Guiseley goal for over an hour. Only a low shot from Mark Peers on 11 minutes forcing Dickinson to dive to his left to smother. ?For the visitors Gavin Knight, on 21 minutes, spurned a great opportunity when he failed to get to Tony Lennon?s accurate cross. On 37 minutes though it was a high cross from Matt Smithard, on the left flank, that evaded Worsnop and left the giant Marc Smith with a free header at the far post to open the scoring.<br><br>It was to be an injury to Smith midway through the second half that proved to be the turning point of the afternoon. With him still off the field, having collided with Darren Hockenhull and sustaining a collar bone injury, the ten men were caught cold as Gahgan got down the right flank to cross into the danger zone and there was ADAM WARLOW, who fairly rifled his shot into the roof of the net, to get Albion on the score-sheet. Two minutes later and Warlow who?d suddenly perked up showed great skill but this time, with Jones probably better placed, his shot went over the target.<br><br>Brian Pritchard, who?d gone up front as Jim Vince made changes to the formation, got in on a pin-point Gahgan cross but saw his header held by Dickinson under the crossbar. At the other end, with Worsnop hopelessly out of position after he?d attempted to fist away a cross, Spearritt was on the line to head a certain goal away whilst in another scary moment a Guiseley shot struck an upright. ?<br><br>Then up popped Worsnop to be the first keeper ever to score for Witton all in a week that on Tuesday had seen the quickest ever goal scored by Witton as Gahgan netted on 14 seconds. Ironically the keeper had turned out for Guiseley pre-season and looked to be signing for them until days later he committed himself to Albion.<br><br><br>The match was videoed and the highlights will be shown in the Social Club, on Thursday from 8pm. Worth coming down then to re-live yet another mile-stone in Albion?s great history.<br>

Well done guys!! I had a couple of telephone updates and I could sense the real excitement at the end of the game. Perhaps now people will start to belive there is something special about this team, not only in the football they play but in their character and spirit.<br><br>Come on the Albion!!

Great come back-well deserved point and a decent atmosphere at the end as well.<br>Given the starting line up I’d certainly have taken a point!<br>Contrast to last season-we won the 1st 2 games and then whimpered to a 2-1 home defeat by Wakefield-yesterday we showed a lot more character agaianst a stronger side with our own team depleted.<br>Lets hope for a good showing tomorrow - should be a good day.