Tony Waterman Memorial Trophy 2015

The annual Witton v Runcorn Supporters game returns to Wincham Park on Sunday 26th April.

Any donations on the day will go towards our fundraising for MacMillan Cancer Support.

Thanks to the Club for offering to host this year’s game.

Kick Off time now confirmed as 11am.

Beginning to compile the squad now. Please let me know if you would like to be involved.

Desperate to win the trophy back this year, and we have a 100% record at fortress WP!

Kick Off Time moving to 4pm - is that ok for everyone?

Looking forward to it :slight_smile:

Kick Off 4pm at Wincham Park, with a bucket collection for MacMillans Cancer Support in memory of Tony, Sammy and Martin.

Confirmed ‘special guests’ include a very famous number 4, the white Pele ‘Super’ Mike Moseley, Nige ‘Xavi’ Deeley, and Jamie ‘red stripe’ Harrison.

All these legends are turning out in memory of the 3 guys named above, so please come down and support us if you can as we attempt to bring the Trophy back to Wincham.

A very famous number 4? I’m pleased to see you’ve got Ben Harrison to play!

I really really want to play please

Bonez

I have U18s game at Chester but can make the 2nd half

Pls pls pls can I play hahaha

Hi Paul,

I meant to catch up with you on Saturday but i was too busy counting the number of goals Blyth scored!

In all honesty the squad is overflowing, as we have a pretty settled group of lads.

However we do operate a policy of inclusion where possible, so if you are there towards the end of the game and we have a few lads running out of steam then we may be able to give you a short run out - no promises though! So please don’t go out of your way to get there if you are elsewhere.

Thanks for showing an interest though, and there will be more opportunities in the near future.

Too busy “Poop Scooping” last time I saw you!? .sick B)

That too! :sick:

Sunday 26th April 2015 will see the 7th year of the ‘friendly rivalry’ between supporters of Witton Albion and Runcorn Linnets.

Since 2009 the fixture has been split between being played in Northwich and Runcorn, with each game being won by the home team until Runcorn came back from 2 down to win last season’s exciting game.

This season sees the fixture returning to Wincham Park, where the Albion lads will be desperate to reclaim a trophy they rightly feel they had one hand on less than 12 months ago.

A familiar face will be on show for Witton in the shape of ex-Runcorn and Albion hot-shot Mike Moseley, who will be making his second appearance in this fixture.

For the last 3 meetings the fixture has been re-named the Tony Waterman Memorial Trophy in memory of the late Witton Albion supporter who arranged the annual charity walk from Wincham to Runcorn.

The first meeting under the new moniker saw the 2 sets of fans raise £150 for the Joshua Tree charity.

This season will see the teams look to raise a similar amount for Macmillan Cancer Support.

So if you are at a loose end on Sunday afternoon at 4pm, please come along and support both teams in what will be an entertaining encounter for a very worthwhile cause.

Result from The Tony Waterman Memorial Trophy Charity Match:

Witton Albion Supporters 3 Runcorn Linnets Supporters 2.

Another fantastic day :slight_smile: was great to see the old players back down there, and to see Mike play full back ha ha, well done Robbo again for organising this in the great memory of Tony.

And the trophy is back :slight_smile:

http://EXAMPLE.com/media/kunena/attachments/204/157-1.jpg
The winners and the only silverware we have this year at Witton.

Great afternoon and a well deserved win .A bit miffed at the bar not being open . One of the attendees went to local supermarket to get some drinks . We ended up at the local watering hole after the match for a quick rehydration .Absolutely no reflection on bar as the club had a prior booking .Fabulous time was had by us all . :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap
UTA

[quote=“vi8” post=58413]
http://EXAMPLE.com/media/kunena/attachments/1515/157-1.jpg
The winners and the only silverware we have this year at Witton.[/quote]

Well done lads!!

Yep was a good game really and all in a good cause and a trophy in the cabinet :laugh:

Thanks to everybody who came along and either played in or supported the game.

Was a pretty exciting match in the end?!

I’m glad we managed to win to at least put a bit of positivity on a dour weekend.

Important to remember that regardless of what division we end up in next season, we’ve got some great people in and around our club, who can make days like yesterday happen.

Its also a huge testament to the club that the likes of Nigel, Pritch, Mike and Jamie Harrison are so desperate to come back and play in these games. Its a mark of how much they think of Witton Albion, and also of Tony, but its also a mark of how this club has been able to attract and retain some special individuals over the years.

Please don’t under-estimate how much playing in the Witton shirt on the WIncham Park pitch means to everybody who takes part in this fixture every year, and its such an honour to be involved and to play infront of a good crowd like yesterday.

To also raise £300 for a great cause just makes the day even better.

We’ve been playing this fixture for 7 years now, and hopefully it will keep on going from strength to strength.

Well done to all concerned on keeping this fixture going, it does bring lapsed, left and families of Wittoners to the club on an annual basis.

It also raised a goodly amount for charity and keeps alive the memory of some fantastic Wittoners unfortunately no longer with us.

Oh and the cups back home!

Well, is there a match this year Alb citizens ??
Surely it can’t disappear after just two matches .
UTA