Trevor Brissett

Have just read on the Nonleague website that former Albion left back Trevor “Luther” Brissett has sadly passed away at the age of 49 after battling against cancer.

Amongst Trevor’s clubs it mentioned Stoke City, Port Vale, Darlington, Macclesfield Town, Stafford Rangers & Witton Albion. I think he also played for Leek Town but I’m sure someone will correct me if I’m wrong. He later played for and was assistant manager at Newcastle Town.

Sad news, will always remember that big smile.

Always 100% from Trevor, sympathy to his family and friends.

Really upset at this news. What a great guy and a great player Briss was! Condolences to his family at this sad time.

totally agree with what’s been said.deep sympathy to his family.

Sad news about Trevor.I remember first seeing Luther at the Central Ground with champions elect Stafford.He was a very good attacking full-back and put in plenty of full-blooded challenges.He nearly scored a sensational own goal from the half way line at a foggy Worksop one saturday.It clipped the bar and went behind for a corner.

Always enjoyed watching Trevor,especially with that huge smile as yet another winger was put over the fence and onto Handy Jacks car-park.

Sad news. Really liked Trevor as he was a hard tackling full back who was powerful. My condolences to his family and friends. He is a guy we will always remember with respect and fondness.