unibond prem full line up.

Boston United have been allocated a place in the UniBond Premier League for season 2008-2009.

Full line up

Ashton United
Boston United
Bradford Park Avenue
Buxton
Cammell Laird
Eastwood Town
FC United of Manchester
Frickley Athletic
Guiseley
Hednesford Town
Ilkeston Town
Kendal Town
Leigh Genesis (formerly Leigh RMI)
Marine
Matlock Town
Nantwich Town
North Ferriby United
Ossett Town
Prescot Cables
Whitby Town
Witton Albion
Worksop Town

seems like we will replace the lincoln trip with a trip to boston.

the last time i went there with witton keith mason scored an own goal.

anyone remember the year.

It was before 1995, because Gary Walker was our keeper then.

I’ll have a guess on the 11th August 1991 when we got beat 3-2 (Karl Thomas and Mike Lukevitch scoring for us)?

Looks like its going to be tough going next season…

I thought that Halifax Town would be joining the Unibond Premier next year also?:unsure:

They’re going into the Unibond Division 1 North, provided they actually reform as a new club, I believe.

At this moment in time I would take a top half finish

At this moment i’d take a top half position…but in April i’d like to be in the Play Offs!!

Nigel Deeley’s Red n White Army!!!

Leigh RMI football club have started a new era after rebranding themselves as Leigh Genesis.

The club, who are moving to a new stadium, have also changed the colour of their playing kit from red to white and black.

Leigh were relegated from the Blue Square North last season and will be in the Unibond Premier next season.

Club chairman Dominic Speakman told BBC Radio Manchester: "It was a good opportunity [to progress].

Speakman added: "We thought we needed to put together a club worthy of the quality of the stadium we’re moving to, which meant a complete overhaul.

“We wanted a name that was quite snappy but also one not being used by any other football club, so that it could become synonymous with Leigh.”

The team shirt will not carry any sponsorship on the front this season but will dispay the Genesis name instead.

Speakman added: "We’ve moved to becoming full-time and completely revamping the club.

“We want to be able to stand up against any other team and be the non-league club of choice for players to come to.”

Leigh are moving the newly built Leigh Sports Village along with the town’s Centurions rugby league team and the Harriers athletics club.

Yet another club for us to be extremely jealous of!!

With so many big teams this season and the loss of many players i think a top 10 finish would be a good finish, however bring em on and lets show em 'we are witton we never do things the easy way do we! wish it was august now i cant bloody wait:P

Greenie wrote:

…or yet another club living above their means.

Yeah I think it would be a miracle season if Nigel managed to get us near the playoff’s! I think we have to set some realistic targets say a mid-table finish a good cup run and say try and win the cheshire senior cup for example would be a great season.

That’s not being negative it’s not giving Nigel undue pressure.

Off the field I think is going to be key this season to get a chairman and a board of directors established we certainly need someone commercially who can commit to us for a decent period of time and build some links with local business and community.

I think also we need to push forward this ground move and get a definate plan of action of what we are going to do!

Robbo_ wrote:

[quote]Greenie wrote:

…or yet another club living above their means.[/quote]

True. It seems a bold move by a club whose average attendance last season was 202…

We need to be going for the League and League Cup this year unlike last season when we switched off for cup games and f****d up big style.:S

We should be at home first game - should we not ?

not far off thatch. it was 91-92 season wed 11th of sept. only a month out.

if my memory serves me right it was 2-2 with only a few mins to go, when a wicked cross/shot was heading for the top corner, keith did well to get to a hand to it but the ball seemed to spin out of is hands, when he tried to grab it again he knock it into is goal.
he was well upset in the club after the match, but what a goalie the best i have seen at witton. there was only one boss in the witton penalty area, big keith mason.

i dont think the goal was credited to keith,

I can’t believe I didn’t get it spot on!

It was my 4th away game as Witton’s Assistant Secretary to David Leather!

I had been asked by Ian Dobson, to perform the role of Secretary at Witton’s away games, as David had not been very well, and he had been advised to cut down on the travelling.

My first match was Cheltenham Town on August Bank Holiday, and we got fined for turning up late, but winning 1-0.

My 2nd was Kettering Town, drawing 1-1.

My 3rd was Gateshead on a Tuesday night, in the Bob Lord Trophy, getting beat 3-0.

This was followed by Welling Ubited and Farnborough Town away.

Some travelling in those days!

warlow left 4 a club he said matched his ambition. And i dont blame him when fans on here are settling 4 top half or survival after 2 seasons of being inches away off the title, before the season has even started!!! Are chelsea thinkin that with there top players expectin to leave? The lack of ambition of some fans on here is putting a downer on the season already. I say we r goin up, say we r goin up

I think people are just trying to be realistic at the moment and not putting too much pressure on Nige. However, it is definitely possible to build a team for a championship challenge, Jim built 2 teams that challenged in his time at the club. The big factor for Nige is going to be the reduced wage budget for this season. Hopefully we can keep Kearney and Brown along with Rod, Pritch, Barras, and some of the reserve lads. Couple that with the new signings that Nige is bringing in and we’ll be ok. Let’s hope these new players are up for the challenge, they’ll definitely get the backing of the fans.

Keep the faith

I dont think hoping for promotion when we have already brought in players that have experience at higher levels is unrealistic. We wil stil have players from last season fighting 4 us to finally go up and theyll drill the same into the new boys. U forget stu the great thing about non league compared to premiership is that its more about what u do on the pitch rather than how much money you have!

Nige will build us a side to compete in this league and he will approach every game wanting to win it - there is no other way! The budget constraints, stiffer competition and having to bring in so many new players means expectations are and should be realistic. However Cardiff fans would not have expected an appearance in the FA Cup Final! The most important thing is that we build in the right direction, under good stewardship and with continuing great support. We want to be challenging for competitions and titles. Nige has not taken this job to accept finishing in the bottom half of the table, he wants to build on recent seasons. We need to support him and the club as we all want the same thing.