Unibond Results

1835 AFC Telford United 3 vs. Whitby Town 1 <br> <br> 151 Ashton United 4 vs. Wakefield-Emley 0 <br> <br> 537 Blyth Spartans 2 vs. Prescot Cables 0 <br> <br> 200 Guiseley 1 vs. Matlock Town 0 <br> <br> 412 Ilkeston Town 2 vs. Burscough 1 <br> <br>323 Leek Town 0 vs. Frickley Athletic 2 <br> <br> 337 Marine 1 vs. North Ferriby United 0 <br> <br> 175 Ossett Town 0 vs. Farsley Celtic 1 <br> <br><br>So good results for us for the teams below us but not that good for the teams above us! Oh and Telfords attendance beat there previous season best against us<br>

Also the Bradford Park Avenue v Runcorn game was called off 5 minutes before kick off as Runcorn could not field a team! Haven’t we been down this road before?

From the BPA website and having seen for ourselves on Wednesday the sorry state that Runcorn FC Halton have got themselves into then take in a deep breath cos the UniBond League surely can’t let the Spennymoor fiasco re-emerge - or can they??<br><br> "25th March - Match postponed <br>Today’s Premier Division match between Avenue and Runcorn was postponed shortly before 3pm when it became clear that the visitors were not going to arrive. Due to difficulties en route to Bradford the Runcorn party were forced to terminate their journey. The match will now have to be re-arranged and played sometime in April.<br> <br>The postponement came not only as a blow to the Avenue manager and players but to the many helpers who had spent most of the morning assisting groundstaff in getting the pitch ready after heavy rain on Friday.<br>Ironically, the referee had passed the pitch fit for today’s important match before news came through that Runcorn would not be making an appearance." <br>

Just received the UniBond Weekly Press Release and somewhat ominously there is not a mention as to why this match was postponed! <br><br>Hope it isn’t a case of the league burying their heads under the sand again!!!

according to the runcorn website their coach broke down en route and they where stranded at a motorway servce station.

Tonight’s game against Lincoln is also off.

Farsley 6-1 Wakefield-Emley.<br><br>Looks like were chasing Marine now.

I reckon the title will be between Farsley and Blyth what does everyone else think?

Got to be Blyth unless they blow up big style. They have a relatively easy run in. <br><br>The big question is can we overhaul Marine? We have to play 4 of the top 5, plus 3 away games before our final games, Radcliffe and Matlock both at home. It would be nice to think that come those last 2 home games that we have something to play for, but it’s going to be tough.<br><br>To finish on a positive note, Marine have 8 games left. 5 away.<br><br>Here’s hoping…

Wednesday’s results<br><br>177 Bradford PA 0 Gateshead 1.<br><br>271 Whitby Town 0 Prescot Cables 1.<br><br>Carl Rendell in the 85th minute.

I think its North Ferriby we will overall, we have a game in hand over them and from top spot by some distance they have been slipping week by week since Christmas, no doubt we have a really tough run in but on the up side if we do manage to get a playoff place we will go into the playoffs as one of the in form teams!! fingers crossed…

[quote]Got to be Blyth unless they blow up big style. They have a relatively easy run in.

…[/quote]<br><br>Easy run in! Have you seen our backlog of games?!<br><br>And after the Radcliffe match getting called off we are now playing Gateshead Friday, Radcliffe Saturday, then Bradford Tuesday, Osset Thursday, We have a game nearly every 2 or 3 days for the rest of the season…I could go on :o<br><br>Our team will be stretched make no mistake about that, but we just have to grit our teeth and get on with it.

Am I looking at the wrong league table or is everyone sniffing crack? <br><br>Looking at how far we are behind and our run in -<br>I dont think weve got a hope in hell of making the play offs.<br><br>BUT before the season I’d have taken a top 6 finish and a Cheshire Senior Cup Final win ???

By easy run in for Blyth, I meant they only have to play 1 of the top 5 teams and that is a deteriorating Ferriby at home. Yes, there are a lot of games to fit in, but games against the bottom 3: Radcliffe, BPA, Runcorn should not be too demanding!<br><br>So it’s the champions elect we face on Saturday!<br><br>We still have 27 points to play for, so I see no reason for us not to go full tilt at getting into the play offs. So let’s have none of this "end of season atmosphere" on here - be positive!

[quote]By easy run in for Blyth, I meant they only have to play 1 of the top 5 teams and that is a deteriorating Ferriby at home. Yes, there are a lot of games to fit in, but games against the bottom 3: Radcliffe, BPA, Runcorn should not be too demanding!

So it’s the champions elect we face on Saturday!

We still have 27 points to play for, so I see no reason for us not to go full tilt at getting into the play offs. So let’s have none of this "end of season atmosphere" on here - be positive![/quote]<br><br>I hope you are right, I am confident you are right - many, many matches to be played but so be it.

Blyth are playing,starting on the 14 April on a friday,saturday,monday,wednesday and then Saturday!Thats 5 games in 8 days!2 in 2 days aswell!Im glad the Vics games pre season now than have a fixture list like that!

Half Time Score: NORTH FERRIBY 0 BURSCOUGH 1.

Result<br><br>NORTH FERRIBY 0 BURSCOUGH 1.<br><br>Eight points behind with two games in hand, a superior goal difference and still got to play Ferriby.<br><br>We can do this!!!

great result well done burscough!

OSSETT TOWN 3 BLYTH SPARTANS 1.