United in for Whalley

Sheffield that is… from todays Chronicle for those who haven’t seen it, Hope we can hold on to Connors too;<br><br>WITTON Albion have rebuffed a move from Sheffield United for winger Sean Whalley and from Southport for midfielder Steve Connors. <br><br>And they have made a signing themselves, taking midfielder Mike Bowler on loan from Stock-port County for a month. <br><br>Meanwhile, Albion have extended the loan deal with Crewe for 11-goal striker Adam Warlow to cover the whole season. <br><br>Whalley is training full time with Crewe Alex and Albion boss Jim Vince wants him to stay there. <br><br>'Sheffield wanted to take Sean for trials and a lot of clubs are interested in him. <br><br>

the rest of the article…;<br><br>'I have to look after his interests and advise him on what he should be doing and the best place for him right now is Crewe. <br><br><br>‘If he is going to become a Football League player then he will at Crewe.’ <br><br><br>Southport may return to Witton for Connors. Their initial enquiry did not offer the right platform for negotiations, said Vince, and the problems were not just over a valuation. <br><br><br>Whalley and Connors will be in the Witton line-up for their FA Cup 3rd qualifying round home tie, worth ?5,000 to the winners, against Farsley Celtic on Saturday. <br><br><br>Alex Brown, meanwhile, has fully recovered from his foot injury and returned to midfield for last night’s game against Moss-ley, but it is difficult to see how Vince can accommodate Brown, Connors and Bowler. <br><br><br>Since his loan spell at Witton last season, Bowler has made a handful of appearances for Stockport, but dropped out of the first team again. He is a hard tackler and Vince said: ‘I felt I did not have enough options in the middle.’ <br><br><br>Bowler has been cleared to play against Conference North Farsley and is pencilled in next Tuesday should a replay be necessary. <br><br><br>‘We will have to play better against them that we did against Vauxhall,’ said Vince. <br><br>