v Runcorn fans - 5th anniversary year!

Just to remind everyone that the Tony Waterman Memorial Trophy supporters game takes place this Sunday at 1pm at Wincham Park.

Bucket collection for the Joshua Tree on the day.

The Stelfox Lounge aka Willy’s Bar will be open for bottles and cans.

Nigel Deeley to appear for the Witton Supporters.

#UTAS

If your short and need any more players then I can come, just leave a message on here

Thanks for the offer Charliebel - always good to hear of fresh faces wishing to get involved.

However, after the vigorous trials our existing first choice squad had to come through to make the cut :wink: i’m not sure whether there is currently an opening in the squad.

What position do you play? Do you currently play for anyone, etc etc?

I will keep you in mind if anything changes this week - if you’re there on the day by all means come over and say hi.

Is there going to be a team sheet put up on here before Sunday?

No.

There might be one on my fridge door though.

Make sure you bring the fridge on Sunday :slight_smile:

Cheers robbo, played local football for years and now play vets league in Liverpool , can slot in anywhere, let me know if you end up needing anyone

If you want to come down and be part of the squad Sunday then you’re more than welcome. Can’t promise how much game time etc, but we will definitely get you on the pitch at some point if you still fancy it.

Big thanks to Andy Simpson for plugging this game on the back page of today’s Guardian.

How times change, Andy was persona non grata at Witton for a long time, it is great that he is now giving us good press. Best of luck on Sunday, if I can sneak away from the gardening I will come and watch, wife is very "Eagle-eyed though!
WHS.

http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/witton/10569711.Challenge_match_to_honour_popular_supporter___s_memory/

Also pleased to confirm that Tony’s family are coming down to present the trophy.

Entry on Sunday will be through the Stelfox Lounge, where there will be a bucket for the Joshua Tree for those wanting to contribute.

Sorry for the late reply robbo, thanks for the offer I will be there Sunday,looking forward to it

I can’t make it unfortunately but i hope they make loads of money!

Early night last night ready for today’s big game, hoping the gaffer saw something in me at training to maybe get the nod :slight_smile: and Tony has even sent us some rain overnight for the pitch :slight_smile:

Well you got the rain! Cannot make it but I wish you all the best and I hope you raise lots of money.
WHS.

Had to leave just before half time but it was 2-0 to Witton.

The first came from the keeper droppping an easy shot and the centre half poked it home (one of the Jumps?)

The second was when Scott Carter was through on goal. His low shot lacked pace but the keeper let it squirm under him.

Deeley was rolling back the years in midfield with a nice little stepover dummy at one point :laugh:

Very tight 2nd half, but we hung on with some very good defending to retain the cup with a 2-1 win. I think Stuart Jump got MOM

Yes, Stuart was dominant all the game a great performance. A great occasion well organized but a shame there weren’t a few more to see it. Those that did attend must have enjoyed it.

Witton lined up as follows:

Jimmy Prime
Tim Green
Stuart Jump
Chris Jump
Graham Prew
Rob Bond
Nigel Deeley
Michael Moseley
Scott Pasquill
Adam Clarke (c)
Steve Gibson