Volunteers Weekend

We are planning a “Volunteers Weekend” at Witton on Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th June for as many people to come and help with some jobs at the stadium. Anything from DIY, painting, cleaning . . anything goes.
Refreshments and some lunch will be provided and I can help with transport too.
:clap Please let me know if you can attend any part of the weekend so I can compile names and numbers. Together we can get a lot done. Thank you.:clap :clap :clap

I will do my best to be there though I cannot help much physically, bad back! I will bring a crate of beer though!!
WHS.

3rd and 4th June is fine for me Jo I can do both days. Please put me down, thanks.

Brilliant !! Thanks guys. Going well already. So far we have, myself. Paul, Callum B, Emma S, Andrew E. And Alan L popping in with some beer and the chairman bringing some refreshments! Early days but happy days! xx

Good start Jo, wish I was able to do more.

Well done Jo (and everyone else), would it be worth putting the dates up on the official site, facebook page etc? Perhaps Derek could help with that? Might attract a few more peeps by doing that, just a thought. UTA

I can certainly post them on the Official website but the Social Media side is outside my comfort zone.

A lot of people have been sharing my facebook post so will soon get round and I will do another post at the weekend and tag lots of people in it x

Thanks mate, I have asked Alex to put it on the facebook page too.

Posted on the Official website and where it says “let me know” I’ve put Jo’s name so that people don’t think that the request for help has come from me and that they contact the right person.

Great idea to post on the Home page of the forum in the Calendar, I hadn’t considered that although I was in a position to do it.

Hi guys, We are just over a week away from the volunteers weekend and sadly we only have 6 names attending. Even if you can only spare one hour it will make a difference. There is so much work needed behind the scenes that sadly gets taken for granted. The turn out on the last day for the play off final was tremendous. Surely looking at that crowd we can muster up more than 6 people to come and spare some time to help? I am helping with transport and lunch and refreshments and hopefully we can have a good laugh while we are doing something good for the club. Come on people . . . . if not for me but to stop sprucey moaning ha ha !!!

There WILL be a pack of ale from me for the volunteers.
WHS.

I have made a start with painting this morning and will be there on Tuesdays and Thursdays . I ma looking forward to joining you all over volunteers weekend . UTA

I will be down on Tues and Thurs but doubtful about the weekend but will try to get down if possible cheers.

The lads gave us the most amazing season it would be great to give a bit back by getting the ground spick and span and looking really good for the next one. If anyone could give a bit of time (even just an hour or two would really help) on Tuesdays, Thursdays and/or the volunteers weekend next weekend (3rd and 4th June) it would be greatly appreciated.

UTA

Jo, Sorry I did not make it today ( sunday) , when I got home I was violently sick for ages, & when not pewking I was ‘‘trotting’’ to the loo , yes both ends of the spectrum, I’m not ‘‘dissing’’ your grub, may have been the paint !, don’t know, but I went bed by 5pm, couldn’t eat or drink, but I slept alright , woke at 1pm. Picking up slowly, but daren’t eat ! So , I will try in the future …john.

Hope you are feeling better soon hun. Thanks for your help on Saturday. Everyone else has been ok so dont think I have poisoned anyone lol. You were aching all over too. You may have a bout of gastric flu. Take care of yourself and see you next season xx

Yes,the work is going well .Excellent weekend’s work and the gates are looking a lot better . The bare cement partitions have had a coat of white emulsion and are looking a lot better . The work continues. Alan and myself will be there on Saturday if any body wants to join .no cider or butties I’m afraid as that is Jo’s forte but tea and coffee plus biscuits ,yes.
UTA

Sorry I couldn’t make the sunday but hope my chipping in on the Saturday helped a bit. Really good to see quite a big gang of Wittoners getting stuck in and making our home all the more attractive for our new season.

Is it worth doing another one or two over the summer?

PS - Jo the sandwiches, cake and brews were awesome! Thanks for the beer from Alan and others too.