Whitby Town v Witton Albion

Good luck to everyone on Saturday.Let’s hope the journey is better than last year.<br>We want the win we nearly got and certainly deserved last year.<br>Steve Connors was outstanding even though the gifted and classy Whitby players tried to kick him off the park.<br>I hope the fat left back with pudding bowl haircut still graces their defence. The way he engages with the travelling fans makes the trip worthwhile.<br>See you there.

Absolutely. I’m really looking forward to this game for some bizarre reason!!<br><br>See you there. <br>

Witton winning 2-0 with about half an hour to play

Finished 2-0 an excellent result no further details yet looking forward to the report. (North Ferriby lost too)

who scored?

MM and Jones

An extract from Whitbys web site, sounds like Pritch played!!<br><br>We were second best all afternoon. Can’t believe Witton aren’t higher than they are. A very physical side helped by the referee’s reluctance to stop the game at any point. The big number four screaming, literally screaming, for free-kicks for his strikers at one end while he wrestled Wilford to the ground repeatedly at the other, told the story. <br><br>But still, credit to Witton, they were the better side- their strikers found space time and time again and only Cammy and the crossbar prevented a Blyth-esque hammering. <br><br>

[smiley=banane.gif] [smiley=applause_smiley.gif]<br>well done lads, a great result and really pleased to see a clean sheet, lets hope its the start of a great run now to put us up where we belong.

Match photos are now online @<br><br>http://www.bjmje.plus.com/wtfc/witton.htm&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Your lads played very well today, no qualms about who was the better team. All the best for the season.

Sounds like another excellent away victory for the lads, well done everybody.<br><br>On another note, Mike Moseley’s goal today now puts him level with Karl Thomas on 116 career goals for the Albion.

To be fair, we were by far the better side - in the second half we took our foot off the gas but we could have battered them.<br><br>First half we should have been 4-0 up!<br><br>Fab day out guys, let’s keep it up!

A good, solid professional performance today. Could have easily been 4-0 at half time. <br><br>We made Whitby look very ordinary. MOM - my choice would be Ben Jones - but they all played their part. <br><br> :smiley:

Great win lads 8) …good all round Performance…should of been more …but what the heck 2-0 win and 3 points in the BAG…WOO HOO… :wink:

Although I couldn’t make it yesterday it sounds as convincing as it comes.<br><br>Given the last 3 games since the Leek performance we have imo been comfortable in each game and are scoring a fair few goals and must give everyone confidence.<br><br>Finally good to see MM scoring I think personannly e was just having a bit of a bad patch, hopefully confidence will be the key - roll on Tuesday and the FA CUp looks an exciting prospect now!

??? MM 4goals in the last 5 games lets hope his bad patch continues!!!<br><br>Who said that Wittoners are only happy when they r moaning!!!

Great result yesterday.<br>Fabulous goal by Mike!<br>Well worth the long journey up.<br>Roll on Tuesday.

[quote] ??? MM 4goals in the last 5 games lets hope his bad patch continues!!!

Who said that Wittoners are only happy when they r moaning!!![/quote]<br><br>I was thinking that myself! I definitely hadn’t noticed a bad patch!

I didnt really mean a "bad patch" a lot of people were getting on his back a couple of weeks ago but with the goals now coming I’m hoping I was right in saying he was having a bad patch at the time!<br>

Thought the match report from whitbys site might interest you;<br><br>Whitby’s early season problems returned at the Turnbull Ground on Saturday, as visitors Witton Albion recorded a comfortable victory. Blues manager David Logan made four changes from the side that beat previously 100% Newcastle Blue Star to advance in the FA Cup last weekend. <br><br>Chris Hudson returned to the defence after a three-match suspension, Grimsby Town on-loan wing-duo Paul Ashton and Nick Hegarty returned, and former striker Aron Wilford was back in a Whitby shirt, replacing Tom Raw up front. Club captain Scott Nicholson was sidelined with tonsilitis, Nick Scaife dropped to the bench and the scorer of last week’s winner Paul Atkinson missed out altogether. <br><br>Despite winning a string of corners inside the opening ten minutes, the Blues were under the cosh for most of the first half, with the visitors threatening regularly at the other end. Inside three minutes, stand-in skipper Danny Farthing headed Mike Moseley’s follow-up from a corner off his own line. Whitby’s Karl Richards powered a 20 yard effort just wide, with Mark Peers’ dangerous free-kick from similar distance flying into the side netting. <br><br>On 23 minutes, Town were caught completely square with only a good save with his legs by Dave Campbell denying Ben Jones the opening goal. Moments later, Hudson’s last-gasp sliding tackle halted Moseley in his tracks as the 26-year-old hitman prepared to pull the trigger. <br><br>But Moseley didn’t have to wait long for his 116th career goal and it came, pardon the expression, completely out of the blue. With his back to goal, the former Vauxhall Motors striker turned 20 yards from goal and hammered an unstoppable shot into the top-right corner of the net, giving Campbell no chance. <br><br>Whitby had a couple of great chances in the final three minutes of the first half. On 43, on-loan Paul Ashton headed wide when well place from Wilford’s neat cross, and in injury time, Wilford was again at the heart of the move- beating three men before squaring for Brown who poked wastefully over from close range. <br><br>However, sandwiched in-between, Witton had an opportunity to double their lead again with an effort from distance when Andy Lee let fly from just outside the box, grazing the top of the crossbar on the way over. <br><br>The visitors need not have worried though, as they sewed the game up just a minute into the second period- Moseley turning provider this time, crossing for Ben Jones to tap in unmarked at the far post for 2-0. <br><br>With 25 minutes remaining and still no sign of a Whitby resurgence, Logan changed his tactics bringing Raw on for Veart and reverting to three up front. On 74 minutes, Ant Ormerod?s left-wing cross was sidefooted well over by Ashton. A desperate last throw of the dice saw both Ashton and Hegarty, who was marked almost entirely out of the game make way for Scaife and Dave McTiernan. <br><br>In truth though, even with the Cheshire side?s foot firmly off the accelerator, the Seasiders never looked like finding the net. Ormerod mis-kicked high and wide from close range on 89 minutes, and with the last punt goalwards, Wilford curled a regulation effort straight into the hands of the untested Albion keeper Jon Kennedy. <br>