Wincham Park

Can anyone tell me how much it cost to build please?

Hard to answer that one it wasn’t built by Witton but was handed over completed with a cash lump sum in exchanged for the old ground.

[quote]Hard to answer that one it wasn’t built by Witton but was handed over completed with a cash lump sum in exchanged for the old ground. [/quote]<br><br><br>Is Wincham Park still up to Conference standard? Just I’m sure its capacity was mentioned as 3,000 and the terracing is unusually shallow.

Our neighbours played at WP in the Conference for the last 3 seasons so it passed the grading for them but I remember Mac Town getting turned down at the first attempt of getting into the football league because their ground wasn’t up to scratch but Chester City had been playing there for 2 years in the 3rd division!

In summary, my understanding is that you need a minimum 4,000 capacity ground for the Conference National (or 3,000 for the Conference North / South). As regards seating, it’s a minimum 500 at both levels, and floodlighting has to be an average 250 lux at National level, or 180 lux in the Conference North / South.<br><br>Not sure what the current floodlighting rating is at Wincham Park just now, but I think the ground capacity is 4,000 at present with 650 seats, so we’re just about up to Conference National standards. GE will probably be able to confirm.<br><br>

We have, today, confirmed to the FA (their deadline being 31.12.05) that we wish to be considered for promotion if we win the League or are successful via the play-offs.<br><br>GE

We live in hope!

I live in Lostock!!!<br><br>GE<br>