Witton 0 v Burscough 3

Sometimes I am not sure why I bother!<br><br>How can one team go from a well accomplished victory on Saturday to this poor inept performance in the space of a few days?<br><br>I’m even a little confused as to whether Burscough played extremely well, or were we extremely poor?<br><br>Of their 3 goals, two were certainly fortuetous, but didn’t someone once say "you make your own luck"?<br><br>The referee did not assist matters with some very random decisions, but to summarise, simply not good enough.<br><br>As for the players, well lets start by saying, Jordan King is beginning to look like he doesn’t care, and Mellon in the middle, is not the play maker he thinks he is.<br><br>MOM? Even though we conceded 3 goals, would go to Gary Furnival, with Pritch running him a pretty close second.<br><br>Oh hum, here’s to the next game.<br><br> [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif] [smiley=dunno.gif

We were shambolic. A big overhaul of the squad is needed in the summer. We didn’t defend from midfield as they won all the second balls. Didn’t create much going forward. Many Many Many more years in the Unibond League to come at this rate. :-[

Having not actually been at the game I you wont find me looking for positives. But I was shocked to hear we had been beaten 3-0 given how recent performances had improved etc.<br><br>From what I gather we are a little thin on the ground though (not an excuse) which is certainly something we need to address - maybe we should have called it off as we couldn’t raise a decent enough side?<br><br>Incidently anyone out there know if the reserves are still on tomorrow night?

Reserves are still on tomorrow night.<br><br>Not a good game by anyone’s standards. ?Very disappointing in fact.<br><br>I guess at least we’re not predictable and we keep it interesting. ?That’s the best thing I can say. :-X<br><br>Edited to add my MoM - John Stannard. A more defensive role in the second half it seemed but looked the most lively going forward.

The game was mentioned tonight so still on against Club AZ as far as I know.

Thanks for that.<br>

[quote] We were shambolic. A big overhaul of the squad is needed in the summer. We didn’t defend from midfield as they won all the second balls. Didn’t create much going forward. Many Many Many more years in the Unibond League to come at this rate. ?:-[[/quote]<br><br>Unibond 1 league aswell at this rate, absolutley spineless display tonight, the manager should take note- this is not acceptable by the paying fans. 179 tonight, dreadful and nowhere near enough for the club to go forward, bring back JD?!!! before we end up in single figures!

[quote]

Unibond 1 league aswell at this rate, absolutley spineless display tonight, the manager should take note- this is not acceptable by the paying fans. ?179 tonight, dreadful and nowhere near enough for the club to go forward, bring back JD?!!! before we end up in single figures![/quote]<br><br>Thanks for the viewpoint, Mr Vics man.

Honestly you’d think they’d give it up when we can identify them so easily- same IP yet again! <br>Who ever said vics fans weren’t intelligent!

I did Neil. I would never say bring back JD cos’ we’d have drawn against Spennymoor in the Presidents Cup if he was in charge!!! ;D

Quote from Burscough fan on their forum:<br><br>"I have to say though that that is the worst performance I have witnessed from a Witton side, including Robbie Cowley’s demolition act".<br><br>He’s right as well! :o >:(

AKIE…IF YOU DONT LIKE IT…DONT COME…END OF.

Shut up! Why don’t you admit you real name wimp? I wasn’t one of the fans yelling abuse towards GF. Or the even bigger idiots shouting for them to bring Ryan Baker who isn’t even available or named on the bench.<br><br> I don’t like it no but thats cause we didn’t play anyway near the way we know we can play.

That was the worst performance I have seen in ages and i have seen alot of crap. Does Finley know what he is doing. I think not. <br><br>Jon Stannard and Jordan King can not defend yet they were used there why? <br><br>Burscough knew exactly what they were doing and 90% of there attacks went down their right past Stannard and onto goal. <br><br>I am sure we will get the quote "we are not a conference team etc etc" and we never will be at this rate.<br><br>Something has to happen cos if not there will be no fans left to moan about it. <br><br>

No, Stanners isn’t a defender. He was only used there in the second half when we took two full backs off and replaced them with one attacker and one fullback - in an attempt to chase the game. What you don’t mention however is how effective he was in going forward in the first half.<br><br>I’m sure it’ll all come good in the wash as they say; we need to give the manager time - something we as Wittoners are not very good at doing.