Witton Albion 2-3 Blyth Spartans

Come on Debbie, give us a break - it seems that only people who attend every single game are allowed an opinion. Why don’t you block messages from people who haven’t attended 100% of games, just like you’ve blocked any discussion about V**s on this forum.<br><br>I agree with the earlier posting - defeat and everyone is ecstatic is a strange response. I bet JD was laughing in his Saturday night curry!

I’m also completely puzzled by the messages on here suggesting that gates this season are low. The last 3 seasons league average gates have been 275,261, and 284. This season it currently stands at 266!! Yes the crowds are down by around a dozen but some posts on here are suggesting that the crowds will come back in their hundreds with a more attacking team. The team is in 9th position, losing just 3 games - has anyone ever considered that these so-called absent fans may not be there afterall!! Times have moved on in the last decade and I believe that Witton now have no more than 350 fans at best.

I don’t believe people who haven’t seen 100% of the games can’t have an opinion, but I do believe that people who haven’t seen a game in the last month or so can’t appreciate how bad the games were.<br><br>If you’d want to talk about Vics, do so on their message board, that’s what it’s for after all.<br><br>And, no gates won’t shoot up; then we’d be living in a dream world, but I know a lot of fans who refuse to come whilst we play so negatively, and I could sense the bored atmosphere at the games previous to Saturday - that definitely isn’t going to increase the gates.<br><br>It just goes to show - keep JD and people moan, get rid of JD and people moan. Just what is it that people want???

Have been to 2 of the last 4 games-So am I allowed half an opinion! Would have been there Saturday but the dog chewed my homework Miss!<br><br>If there are any stay away fans out there I think they are more likely to look at a 3-2 home defeat in the Trophy as a bad result rather than a good game - Just my 50% opinion!<br><br>

Where have I said that people aren’t entitled to an opinion?? [smiley=dunno.gif]<br><br>Should I go back to whinging instead of trying to be positive? It seems that’s when we’re most happy!<br><br>

We do probably have 350 fans at best. But the way we played on saturday was much better to watch. Any neutral who came along will have enjoyed a good exciting game and may be tempted to watch us play again even if they didn’t actually come and support the Albs. Loads of people do it when they are bored on a saturday.<br><br> The signs of improvement were there on saturday after only a week. I think if we keep on our toes a bit more at the back we should beat Gateshead on saturday and score a few goals.

Admittedly supporters like to see results (thats what we are all in it for after all) However when I consider defeats at home to Winsford, Leek and away at Frickley and Emley if we’d played anything like we did on Saturday we’d no doubt have got a slightly different response from the fans.<br><br>Despite losing I can honestly say I enjoyed Saturday’s game more than any other this season and I’m sure the reports in tomorrows papers will reflect the game, effort, commitment etc as most views on here have done.<br><br>If we do continue to lose then I’m sure there will be reservations again, however to win games we need to push on and create chances, something which was refreshingly done on Saturday. <br><br>Lets hope we get both on saturday when 3 points is a must. (no pressure Pritch/Si/Nolo) :wink:

I think Si was right at half time on saturday as well though. There were about 60 of us behind that goal and we weren’t making enough noise. We need to make home games really feel like HOME GAMES. Do more to but the keeper off and boost the confidence of our team.