Witton Albion Forum

I am posting to let everyone know that it is my intention to step down as Witton Albion Forum Administrator at the end of the current season.

I have not reached this decision lightly, but I am not prepared to put up with the hassle and sniping from outside of our club any longer.

I have enjoyed being involved in this platform and have always tried to provide information as accurately as I can but it is just not worth me continuing anymore.

In all my time of doing this, my information has been based on fact as I have it available at the time.

I have never posted anything that can be interpreted as either defamatory or offensive, but it seems that even after a misunderstanding, an apology is deemed to be not good enough.

I will continue to support our club as I have always done for many years but as regards to working on the forum, my time is finished which is a shame as I’ve really enjoyed it, particularly providing information for our away games.

If anyone wants to take this task on in the future then they’re very welcome to do so.

I hope the team can go on now and reach the play offs which considering everything that has happened during the season, would be a tremendous achievement. UTA.

Derek I cannot believe sniping at this level. Can we as a club not help improve the situation if it is something you enjoy and it’s invaluable to the club, then we should at least try to sort it out.

Don’t let a few idiots spoil things let’s get rid of the idiots!

1 Like

Unfortunately CJ, as the forum is a public platform anyone can post their views so long as they are a registered user.

What gets me is why should posts on this forum be an issue for individuals who are no longer connected to the club in any way.

They’ve moved on so it shouldn’t be of any concern to them.

As I said in my original post, I have always stated factual information and not used derogatory or offensive comments at any time but it appears that certain people can’t accept that.

I will reconsider during the close season but I will not be dictated to as to what I can and can’t post, particuarly by individuals from outside our club, unless I have breached club rules and I know that isn’t the case.

Derek, I echo CJ’s views entirely.

You perform a valuable service to the club and I certainly don’t think you have ever posted anything that could be considered defamatory or offensive by any reasonable person.

Ultimately you must do what you feel is in your best interests, but I for one will miss your contribution if you do decide to step down.

Best wishes whatever you decide.
Dave N

2 Likes

Derek, Please take time & reconsider!

You are a very valuable part of the club & I know you miss watching the team play, and so it is important for your mental wellbeing to be connected to the club!

YOU are a very big part of our club, so show these idiots you are not being bullied!

You have too many friends & you are too important to lose!

WE all stand with you! We are ALBION!

1 Like

For someone who works shifts and can’t get to all games, your posting has been priceless over the years.

All true Wittoners think the world of the job you do, and we will all back you 100%.

3 Likes