Witton Albion Supporters FC v Dirty Soviets

Sunday 29nd June @ 2.30pm

RED kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton drew 1 - 1 with last season’s champions on the opening day, and then beat them 1 - 0 with a depleted squad in May.

Current Form:

Witton - WLWLD (For 12, Against 6)
Soviets - WLWDD (For 6, Against 2)

League Postion:

Witton 2nd - 29 points
Soviets 4th - 22 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Graham Prew/Scott Carter/Adam Clarke/Tom Green/Mike Blundell, 7 goals
Soviets - Mark Salmon, 12 goals

Witton from:

Chesworth, Adam Knight, Clarke, Haspell, Blundell, Chadwick, Robinson, Johnson, Gregory, Marshall, Fallows, Crouch, Stuart.

Injured:

Prew.

One to watch:

Drew Haspell could be making his farewell out-field appearance… But we’ve heard that claim before!!

Mile-Stones:

Dave Johnson could make his 15th appearance for the Team, Si Gregory could make his 20th appearance, Dann Stuart could make his 25th.
Haspell, Marshall, Robinson, and Stuart have one last chance to get their first goals of the season!

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 20 11 2 7 44 19 25 24
Now 20 12 5 3 44 18 27 29

Interesting Fact:

Win, draw or lose - Sunday night will see us all out on the booze!!

A few holes in the squad for Sunday, so if anyone wants to help out then let us know…

GK - Crouch
DF - Robinson
DF - Marshall
DF - Haspell
MF - Blundell
MF -
MF -
FW - Stuart
FW -
10th Man -

I am still unsure as I have to return to working for a living on Monday and wouldnt want the SJD astro to bosh my 1st day.

Anyway in an ideal world and in return for paying their wages for in some cases 3 yearsish how about:-

GK - Kennedy
DF - Brownhill
DF - Coo
MF - Brown
MF - Peers
AT - Warlow

Subs - Lloyd
- Mcpherson
You get the idea anyway

You’d have to speak to their agent, (allegedly)

I have a friend who might be able to play… poss even chopper (of the helicopter variety, obviously) - want me to ask?

Nice idea Grazzer, but can’t help feeling they might bottle it when push comes to shove (not that I am bitter or anything)!

:wink:

I may be able to play on sunday if i am of any help? Although it has been a while since i last played football because my team got 'kicked’out :slight_smile:
Would love to play for you if im needed, but it does depend on whether i’m working or not though.

id love to play. i can get up there from manc on sun if u need me

Room for both of you.

Witton maniac - is that Martin??

Danny i can get you from the station if you let me know what time you’re due in. Game kicks off 2.30pm.

Yeah Witton_maniac is Martin :laugh:

Cool, well there is room for you if you wanna come down. At least you have played down there before!!

And don’t forget it’s the end of season bash on Sunday night so you’d both be welcome to join us for tea etc!!

I will definately know by later on tonight. Is there anything specific i need to wear if i can play?

A pink tutu…

Home Witton shirt if you have one. None of that Arsenal rubbish.

if witton maniac cant play when he finds out tonight mate let us know and my mate says he will play as long as i let him know by tomoro latest

cheers

:laugh:

Just found out…I can get down, and i can play so i will be there on sunday, wearing my Witton shirt, and not my DECENT Arsenal shirt :laugh:

How much will i need to pay?

£3

Witton Albion Supporters FC 0 v 0 The Dirty Soviets

Att - 8

Witton Team
GK - Couch; DF - Robinson, Haspell; MF - Clarke, Sc Carter; FW - Marshall(c).
Subs - Fallows, Stuart, Cadman.

MOTM - Graham Crouch (made a few excellent saves when called upon)
Next Best - Drew Haspell (was this his farewell appearance?! Only time will tell…)

Witton Rating ***
Match Rating ***

In a game that had ‘end of season run-out’ written all over it, Witton rarely looked troubled. Greg Marshall returned to skipper the side, as Dann Stuart also made his long-awaited return from injury.

Adam Clarke declared himself fit an hour before the game, but the evidence suggests otherwise… :stuck_out_tongue:

Crouchy only screamed at the team on one occasion, and that was to tell everyone to ‘stop f**king arguing’… :blush:

Drew Haspell didn’t kick anyone, so he will feel slighty disappointed at his own performance.

Mark Robinson was fantastic, and could of had a hatrick but for some excellent goalkeeping… :ohmy:

Scott was…well, just ‘Scott’ really.

Greg and Dann were like some sort of tag-team, swapping places every 5 minutes.

Fallows has shown himself to be an able midfield general, and little Martin managed to bodycheck the biggest bloke on the pitch.

So all in all, not a vintage display but it leaves us with a points tally that we will try to beat next season…and i’m hungover.