Witton Albion Supporters FC v FC Young Guns

Sunday 17th August @ 2.30pm

RED n WHITE kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton have never previously met Young Guns, but several of their players turned out for Northwich Allstars last season.

Current Form:

Witton - LLWWW (For 7, Against 4)
Young Guns - LLDLW (For 7, Against 12)

League Postion:

Witton - 4th, 8 points
Young Guns - 9th, 3 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Tom Green, 4 goals
Young Guns - Webby, 3 goals

Witton from:

Gregory, Crouch, Scott Carter, Tom Green, Robinson, Haspell, Blinkhorn, Grassby, Shaun Carter, Clarke, Tim Green, Blundell.

Injured:

Prew, Stuart.

One to watch:

Mike Blundell is looking to return to the side after his injury lay off.

Mile-Stones:

Si Gregory and Adam Clarke could make their 20th appearances for the Team.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 6 3 3 0 14 6 8 9
Now 6 4 0 2 9 5 4 8

Interesting Fact:

Witton Albions Supporters FC are sponsoring Witton’s game on Saturday, so a few members of the Team may be a little worse for wear come Sunday afternoon…

make sure u lot get so hammered you lot cant walk on sunday afternoon lads :laugh:

Even if they are hungover Robbbo, they’ll still win… especially if you’re in net :wink:

Another intersting fact that i have just unearthed, is that the Supporters Team have currenty won exactly 50% (34) of the 68 games that we have played!

OK, perhaps not that interesting… But i bet Drew and Phil Chad are rubbing their hands at that snippet of info!!! (sad statto’s!!)

Witton Albion Supporters FC 5 (FIVE) v 1 FC Young Guns
Tom Green 3
Adam Clarke (finally…)
Shaun Carter

Att - 6

Witton Team
GK - Couch; DF - Haspell, Robinson; MF - Clarke(c), Sh Carter; FW - Green.
Subs - Sc Carter, Blundell.

MOTM - Tom Green (another 3 goals)
Next Best - Adam Clarke (skipper’s display in the centre of the park)

Witton Rating ****
Match Rating ****

It was a tale of 2 halves for Witton, as a workman-like first-half performance was blown away in the second half (along with the opposition…) as Witton ran riot.

In fairness to Young Guns, they possibly started the brightest of the 2 sides, and would have took an early lead if it wasn’t for the reflexes of Crouch in the Witton goal. Their promise of 24 hours earlier, to ‘run rings’ around Witton, was not to be in evidence though… It was Witton who drew first blood - and who else but Tom Green, who has now notched 33 goals in his 47 appearances for the team (not bad for a lazy, overweight, mouthy git…)

However Young Guns hit back almost immediately, as a shot from distance was deflected by the gravitational pull of Clarkie’s backside, and flew into Crouchy’s goal. Witton were not to be denied though, and Tom Green soon made it 2 - 1, before making it 3 - 1 just moments later after WittonRobbo in the Young Guns net rolled it straight to him (if he was in the Fantasy 6s league he’d have got an assist…!!).

So at half time Witton were looking comfortable. However, this did not stop a member of the Young Guns team declaring ‘how are we losing this, they aren’t better than us’… :blush:

The second half saw Adam Clarke make the points safe, before Shaun Carter put a nice sheen on things with the 5th.

Other bright spots were Mike Blundell’s first appearance back after injury (and marriage, and honey-moon…it was the first chance he’d had to remove the ball and chain…). To be honest, Witton could easily have scored another 3 or 4 in the second half if they had been more clinical infront of goal. There was almost a contender for Goal Of The Season though, as Robinson arrowed a shot towards the top corner of the net, only for WittonRobbo to tip it over the bar for a corner. Git.

Anyway, for WittonRobbo and Webby etc;

‘Easy easy easy easy!!!’

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: v :frowning:

thought we would allow you to have a chance
wait till next game we wont be so forgiving :stuck_out_tongue:

what do you expect when are keeper was drunk stilll haha :P.
and was your 7th player haha

Did I score before Shaun? Or was I involved in another game?!

I think ‘involved’ is being generous either way…

And Webby, 70% of our team was still drunk…

I must have been involved to get 2nd man of the match?!

Sympathy vote :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice to see you’ve corrected your mistake on the match report!

haha. but still half or more of your goals were put on a plate for you from are keeper lol.
theres allways next game:unsure: haha

Clarkey9 wrote:

No, the mistake’s still there…you’re still down as Next best!!

Robbo_ wrote:

[quote] a lazy, overweight, mouthy git…
[/quote]

You’re not doing very well Mark…

Clarkie is the lazy one
Crouch is the overweight one
And you’re the mouthy one!!!
Yes I’m a git but that’s only 1 in 4 correct - even the Sun do better than that!!!

:stuck_out_tongue: