Witton Albion Supporters FC v Lion Allstars

Sunday 7th September @ 1.30pm

[color=#FF0000]RED & WHITE[/color] kit for this one please.

Previous Meetings:

Witton won 2 - 1 last time out, with the Carter boys grabbing a goal each.

Current Form:

Witton - WWWWW (For 17, Against 1)
Lion - LLWWL (For 17, Against 11)

League Postion:

Witton - 2nd, 14 points
Lion - 6th, 8 points

Top Scorers:

Witton - Tom Green, 9 goals (currently the league’s joint-top marksman)
Lion - ?

Witton from:

Crouch, Scott Carter, Tom Green, Robinson, Haspell, Shaun Carter, Clarke, Blundell, Chadwick.

Injured:

Prew, Stuart.

One to watch:

Adam Clarke. 3 goals in 3 games since donning the Captain’s armband.

Mile-Stones:

Tom Green should make his 50th appearance for the Team, and will be looking to score his 10th goal of the season.

How Does This Season Compare To Last:

P W D L F A GD Pts
Then 9 5 4 0 24 7 17 14
Now 9 7 0 2 23 6 17 14

Team Stats:

P W F A Win%
71 37 150 78 52.1

Interesting Fact:

Mike Blundell, Scott Carter, and Graham Prew are all tied on 16 goals - with Shaun Carter 1 behind with 15. Will any of these players take outright 2nd in the all-time scoring charts for the Team? (well not Prew obviously…)

Looking at the next 4 fixtures, it is VITAL that we pick up maximum points if we want to win the league.

They are all tough games, so we will need to have as strong a squad as possible available for each game.

By the end of this month we’ll know if we are in a position to win the league or not.

Sunday 7th September @ 1.30pm
Lion Allstars (6th in the league with 8 points, but have a recent 11 v 3 win under their belts)

Sunday 14th September @ 3.30pm
Dream Team (3rd with 14 points, and had been sat on top of the table for most of the season - are always a thorn in our side)

Sunday 21st September @ 2pm
White Stallions (5th with 9 points, always a tough team to face and are 1 of the 2 sides to have beaten us this season - Dream Team being the other. Will be a more difficult fixture with Greenie not being available)

Sunday 28th September @ 3pm
Winsford (1st with 15 points, the BIG one. Last season’s champs, and currently top of the table again. Recovered well after losing 4 v 0 to us earlier in the season. The game that could well win us the league - IF we pick up sufficient points in the 3 games prior to it)

We really do need to field our best team for the next 4 weeks (i’m happy watching!!).

I think we need to stay strong at the back over the next month. The Drew-Scott and Drew-Robbo parterships have been key to our success and we need to build on this stability.

Drew/Robbo 4 games, 1 goal conceded
Drew/Scott 1 game, 0 goals conceded

I think the Drew/Robbo or Drew/Scott defensive partnerships are the foundation on which our success is built.

I think a Drew/Drew partnership could work;)

Maybe Drew should just be at the back on his own?? Seems like other people just get in the way!!!

Agree with whats already been said. Stability within the squad is what we need at this crucial part of the season, but for whatever reasons Drew has for not playing again, I think we need to respect them. we need Drew yes, but at the moment I cant see him coming back for the forseable future.

Drew, have a rethink mate, because if you dont weve gotta put up with Robbo at the back for our 4 biggest games of the season!:laugh:

From what I saw in the game against Runcorn, Drew´s got another 10 years left in him.

Has he asked his Dad if he can stop playing?

Andy Chad wrote:

And another Drew in goal too!!!

What? Why? whats going on? he can’t, he shouldn’t, is he? no way! surely the knees can hold together a bit longer.

as were running low on numbers
and were playin winsford
our kick offs at 3
sooooooo if u want winsford drop points
come down at 3 and help us with numbers

Really can’t see Winsford allowing any of our lads to play for you…

If you need any players for tomorrow then I’ll happily come down. Just finished uni so I’m now a free agent. I’ll be at the game this afternoon or whoever is in charge could get in touch if you’re still struggling for numbers. phone is 07929378342 or email j.w.nattrass@googlemail.com.

James

James, just to clarify; it’s not the supporters team who are short, but another team that contains some Witton fans. I’m sure WittonRobbo would appreaciate you helping them out though?

Ok not to worry, offer is still there if anyone needs players. I just fancy some football so get in touch if anyone is short.

How did we get on today???

Witton Albion Supporters FC 0 v 0 Lion Allstars

Att - 3

Witton Team
GK - Crouch; DF - Sc Carter, Robinson; MF - Clarke(c), Sh Carter; FW - Green.
Subs - Chadwick, Blundell.

MOTM - Mark Robinson (With Drew missing, somebody had to step up and take responsibility!!)
Next Best - Graham Crouch (Wasn’t overworked, but another clean sheet to add to his collection)

Witton Rating ***
Match Rating ***

Witton huffed and puffed to a no-score draw on Sunday, but on another day may have been 3 or 4 goals clear by half-time.

Tom Green drew his first blank of the season, and Adam Clarke saw a great effort cannon back off the cross bar as Lion clung on for dear life during the opening 10 minutes or so.

The second half was something of a non-event until the introduction of Chadwick, which almost brought instant rewards as he raced through on goal - but could not break the deadlock.

An injury to Adam Clarke will be of concern to Witton this morning, but the point (and yet another clean sheet) keeps them in the title hunt.